The awakening

Sam and I had been waiting for hours not saying much to each other, except when one of us asked what to pick up for lunch. Matter was, one of us had to be there for when Cas was gonna wake up... that is, if Balthazar's hokus pokus could be trusted. Every 10 minute I'd check on him, see if there was any change. His breathing seemed heavier, wether it was good or not. All we could do was sit around and hope Balthazar hadn't conned us.
After several burgers and beers we heard movement. He sad up straight, saying nothing. Just looking out into the thin air. I threw my burger aside and went to his bedside.

"Hey, Cas? You there?" I said. I stared at him without blinking. He didn't reply.
"Goddammit Cas!" I yelled, shaking his shoulders.
He slowly turned his head to me.
"Speak to me, cas"
"Dean" he said sounding very husky.
"What is it Cas?"
He turned his glance away and faced the ground.
"It hurts"
"What happened Cas? What hurts?" This time Sam was the one speaking out.
Cas collapsed on the bed once again, passed out cold. I turned to look at my brother. He was still looking at Castiel, wide-eyed.
The hell? I thought to myself knowing I couldn't answer my minds many questions. So Cas wasn't dead, but seeing how he just collapsed like that really didn't seem like the vital sign I'd hoped for. In fact, I trusted Balthazar a little because it was our only option. It seemed legit.
I turned my head to my brother who sat quietly on the floor beside the bed. He must've felt my gaze cause he met my stare. At first he didn't say anything, and his expression was hard to read. It wasn't quite disappointment, but there still seemed to be something hidden underneath the sadness. He let out a sigh.
"What now? Do we just sit here and hope that he's gonna wake up soon? We don't even know what Balthazar did to him" Sammy looked at me with his puppy eyes, and I could see he didn't mean it in a rough way.
"Tell you something, why don't you and Bobby get yourself a case then I'll take angel patrol, eh?" I smiled at him. Cas had to wake up again, right?

Through our entire lives I was the stronger older brother who didn't show his feelings, so that was something I'd have to do this time as well.
Knowing that this was Cas made it all the harder. Something about the situation put a huge, grey cloud over my mood. I stood up for a second, all confused. I didn't even know why I got up in the first place, but I made the best out of it and grabbed myself a beer. The last one in our mini-fridge inside of our primitive motel room. The sound of popping the bottle open used to calm my nerves and even bring out a little smile, but not even that helped my mood. I took a long deep swallow, sat down in the chair beside Cas' bed and switched our tv on. I shuffled through the few channels, over and over, not being able to even focus on what was on the channels. Another deep swallow.  Master chef was on but I didn't pay it much attention. My mind was wandering through the situation. I tried to switch my attention to the TV.

All of a sudden a deep breath followed by a shrug came from Cas lying on the bed. I focused my gaze on him and within 2 seconds he opened his eyes, not saying anything. I jumped up,
"Cas?" I said, immediately by his side.
"Dean... There's something I need to tell you"
I knew you'd be okay