Brandon the Babysitter Part 1

In this story young Brandon is given the responsibility to babysit. Enjoy.

It was 7:00 on a Saturday morning. Instead of sleeping in and enjoying the day, Stef was running through the house chaotically.

Stef and Lena had planned a day away from the kids. They had everything lined up.

Everything was perfect, until their babysitter canceled last night.

Lena was on the couch calling different numbers and brainstorming babysitters.

Stef walked in the living room, anger showing in every step she took.

"Any luck", Stef asked.

Lena shook her head and closed the phone book. Lena looked at her partner, who seemed stressed.

Ten year old Brandon walked in tiredly in his red plaid boxers. His hair looked a little messed up, probably by the way he was sleeping.

Brandon walked in the living room, sitting next to Lena on the couch.

Lena looked at Stef, then motioned toward Brandon.

"No way", Stef said, laughing.

She turned around and headed towards the kitchen. Lena followed her.

"Stef, we don't really have much of a choice", she said.

Lena looked over to their eleven year old boy, who at the moment was sitting on the couch scratching his belly.

"Brandon, can you come in here please", Lena asked calmly. Stef rolled her eyes.

Brandon stood up and obediently walked over to them.

He took a place next to Lena and she rubbed his back.

He looked up at her a little confused. She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Baby, your mom has something she would like to ask you", Lena said, raising an eyebrow at Stef.

Stef sighed and looked at her little boy.

"Would you like to babysit today", she asked reluctantly.

Brandon's eyes lit up and he smiled,"Really", he asked, looking up at Lena and then to Stef.

"Really", Stef said, smiling at her son's excitement.

Brandon started jumping happily, bumping into Lena a little bit.

"Brandon, listen to me", Stef said sternly.

Brandon stopped jumping, realizing the seriousness of her tone.

"Me and mama are putting our trust in you to watch your brothers and sisters", Stef said waiting for his nod.

Brandon nodded.

"You guys can have cereal for breakfast, help Jude with his milk please, he spills sometimes", Stef told him.

"For lunch you can warm up the macaroni from last night. Make sure Jesus washes his hands." Stef said, waiting for a nod once more.

He nodded. "I will mom", he said seriously.

"We should be back around three, so dinner won't be a problem", Stef said.

Lena looked down at her son ,"Brandon, we know you will do a good job, you are very responsible and me and mom know that", she said with a smile.

Brandon looked up at her.

Lena fixed his hair a little.

"Would you mind waking up your brothers and sisters for us also", Stef asked looking at Brandon.