Timing

You were always bad at timing.

You met Toshinori at an ungodly hour. 3 o'clock in the morning to be precise. He was a mess at that time and so were you; both of you lost someone dear. Puffy eyes, runny nose, disheveled hair, definitely not the best moment.

But his eyes, oh God his blue eyes--

Looking at them makes you feel like you are being suck to the deepest part of the sea. But you would rather drown than save yourself from those eyes of his.

The first time you try to tell him your feelings.

"Toshinori, I like you..." But Toshinori's loud voice overpowered your own.

"(Y/N)! I have something to tell you!" He said, placing both of his hands on your shoulders. His face glowing with excitedness.

"Uhh, sure go ahead. I'll tell you something too." You said, baffled by his enthusiasm and from being talked over after mustering up the courage to confess.

"I think I'm in love with-" There we go, looks like we have the same thing in mind.

"her. I love her." Or maybe not.

"Ohh." You thought that it was a good thing that he hadn't heard you earlier.

How embarrassing and painful would it have been.

You forced a smile on your face trying to mask the pain you've felt. Normally, Toshinori would have noticed that fake smile you gave him, but this time he didn't.

"So, what is it you were going to tell me (Y/N)?" Toshinori gave you a curious look.

He must really love her.

"I-I forgot...it wasn't important anyway, why don't you just tell me more about her?" He told you to try to remember it but you just brush it off and was finally able to convince him.

You spent the day with the person you love while he talks about the person he loves.

The second time that you did.

"Toshinori, I love you." As soon as those three little words left your lips, Toshinori moved closer and carefully held your hands in to his.

Despite the warmth coming from him, you weren't able to escape from the cold truth.

"You can't (Y/N)." Toshinori gave you a sad look, squeezing your hands lightly. "I'm already with someone else, I'm sorry."

You try to ignore the tightening feeling in your chest.

"I know." You said more to yourself than to him.

The last time that you could.

"I love you Toshinori..." You said, whispering those words to the wind. Just then, the people around you started clapping and cheering.

Ahh...it was that part of the wedding already.

Just then,Toshinori and his bride broke off their kiss. His blue eyes landed on yours and his lips automatically stretched into a wide grin. You smiled at him in return.

Maybe you should not have let yourself drown after all...