DOYOUNG

It was an exhausting day,you spent the whole day inside the lab filling your data reports. You stepped outside remembering it was your fifth  anniversary since you had been in a relationship with Kim Doyoung. In true words you two weren't a thing anymore for the past three years,because he had to stick to his contract.Since you aren't an immature girl who would force him to choose between his career and you, you decided get him out of your mind.No matter how much you tried, Still you haven't been able to get over him or the time you spent together.

You walked along the bank of Han River as it was the place you came with him to celebrate your anniversary. You would sit on the grass ,talk for hours and eat icecream with him even when it is autumn. You went to your regular icecream stall to buy yourself an icecream.

"One vanila with chocolate sauce please"

"One vanila with chocolate sauce please" You said in sync with another. It's weird to ask for an icecream in a chilly afternoon and You felt that voice is somewhat familiar.You looked up.
In one swift move, that guy behind you, turned around and walked away faster.

It was him!!! You knew it!!

You followed him  couple of steps.

"Kim Doyoung !!" You called that guy a bit loudly.He paced faster than before proving your guess is correct. Tears started to well up in your eyes at the thought of knowing it's him and he is ignoring you. You walked towards him, half running ,called his name again.

"Yahh!! Kim Doyoung!! I know it's you!!" You saw him stiffen with your words. It didn't took seconds for you to run to him and hug him tight.
You broke down crying as you tighten your back hug on him.

It was tough for you to live with his memories, walk down on the roads where you used to go hand in hand with him,eat in your favourite pub alone,and the worst part is you had to stay away from him for no reason.You felt his touch on your arms which was enough for your sobs to get louder.He moved you arms away from his waist tenderly and turned around facing you.You never expected him to hug you, but for your surprise he hugged you tight like the same way that you hugged him.His palm moved to your cheek and drew circles while he rested his forehead on yours.No conversation engaged,but It was more than enough for you,as you felt you've caught up all those years you spent without him.

Few minutes later you were sitting on the grass with Kim Doyoung ,eating ice cream. You closed your eyes taking a bite while the autumn breeze hit your body cutting through your dress.You licked your lips and looked at your side as you felt some gaze on you.

"What?" You asked from Doyoung who were busy staring at you.

"Nothing" He looked away, hugging his knees with a smile on his face. You looked away and chuckled.You glanced at the sky as the silence  grew between you and heard Kim Doyoung letting out a soft moan as he shoved the last bit of his cone into his mouth. Such a tease!!

"So you yelled my name and cried a river just to stare at some stupid clouds??" He said in his usual nagging voice.

"Sorry, I don't know what to tell.It's still pretty awkward" You stated what you felt,honestly. You found it awkward to spill some random things to him as it's been two years since you last talked with him.

"Why Y/n ??? Am I a stranger ??"

"No!!! It's just..It's been so long.."
"Yes!! You think I'm a stranger " He cuts you off.

"Okay!! Fine !! What you want me to tell then??" There's no point of arguing with him. He might be the sweetest man on earth ,but you knew that he can be the most savagest person when it comes to words.

"Anything!! I don't care. Stare at me at least" You chuckled,he just wanted your attention. You dusted your hands, placed your face on your palms turning towards Doyoung,and stared at him without blinking.You noticed how much the boy had grown and matured without you.

"What are you doing Y/n??" He asked, chuckling.

"You told me to stare at you. That's what I'm doing"

"Seriously Y/n ??? You are just wasting our time together !!" Said Doyoung, scrunching up his face,looking disappointed.
Your brain immediately pulled out a plan, a trick  that you've been doing for the past time when you were together but works on him. You gathered up all your belongings and suddenly stood up.

"Good bye Doyoung , I'll get going ,so I won't be wasting your time" You told him before you take a step away.

You didn't want to leave , but you knew he would stop you ,if this is the Doyoung you loved.

One, two...  you counted the steps.

Before you could go any further, you felt his touch on your free hand, lifting the corners of your lips into a smile. He pulled your hand towards him hard,you closed your eyes ,thinking you would fall on the ground. Luckily ,you landed on his lap. You opened your eyes thinking his bones might've crushed,instead you saw him looking at you, with his glistening eyes, that you admired the most. Your hands moved to his head unintentionally and parted his sikly jet black hair on his forehead ,so you can see his eyes better. He chuckled at the ticklish feeling when your fingers slightly brush on his forehead.You missed all this cuteness ,but now you got all of it.

However it didn't take seconds to get things heated between you two. His soft gaze on you turned into a stern one, scaning your lips and eyes ,back and forth.You knew exactly what he wanted, but you were not ready for it emotionally.

He leaned in for a kiss which you dodged by backing up until you hit on his drawn up knees.It was when Doyoung understood that you rejected it. He looked at you with his eyes clouded with disappointment.You immediately removed your hands that were grabbing his shirt as you felt some kind of guilt.

"Why won't you let me kiss you?" His raspy yet cracked voice asked.
"I might get my hopes up." You said with your equally cracked voice." And it still hurts"

"I know baby" His hands cupped your face."I know it very well. It still breaks my heart too. You know what? It hurts more cause the fault is mine" His eyes welled up with tears.

"It's not your fault Doyoung!!" You cupped his face as it was the only way you could comfort him. The fact that he lived with guilt broke your heart. You wasn't the only one suffering emotionally, he was too.

"I come here on our anniversary date and I'll watch you eat icecream alone and go home crying" He was doing the same like you. You hugged him as you cannot help not doing it. You felt him kiss your head.
"Just give me another chance. Let's start over" You felt his breath on your hair.
"Now that my dating ban is over, I 'll try my best to make you mine" You hugged him tighter leaning on his chest which has become harder than before.
"I love you Kim Doyoung" You murmured inhaling his sweet scent.

I love you more Y/n " His heavenly voice said as he placed a kiss on your forehead.

Happy 1k reads❤️❤️  I just wanted to thank you all for that!!

Stan ot23 before it's too late.