716-720

716. Students who write notes longhand remember more and have a deeper understanding of the material than those who take notes with a laptop.

717. If you know that someone is wrong, don't contradict them, make them contradict themselves by asking questions that lead to the contradiction.

718. Dreams help us solve puzzles.
Have you ever experienced being stressed over a problem that you can’t solve and just decided to go to sleep? According to the theory of Deirdre Barrett, a Harvard psychologist, sleeping hours may help us solve puzzles that have plagued us during daylight hours. According to her, it’s the visual and often illogical aspects of dreams that make them perfect for out-of-the-box thinking that is necessary to solve some problems.

‘Whatever the state we’re put in, we’re still working on the same problems,’ Barrett said, adding that while dreams may have originally evolved for another purpose, they have likely been refined over time for multiple tasks, including helping the brain reboot and helping us solve problems.

719. If you can’t say no to a person who constantly asks you for favors, start asking them to do something too. The more, the better.

720. To make your thought sound weighty, say that you heard it from parents or teachers.