𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛.

It all started when I got a letter. September 22nd, I was at home with my mother and father. It was my eleventh birthday. I recall opening presents and seeing a letter from Hogwarts. I picked up the tan parchment letter that was sealed shut with a red wax mold, and began opening it, "Draco, today is the day!" my father yells from the top of the steps. "What do you mean, father?" I questioned. "Today you go to Hogwarts." He replies, walking down the stairs. "You shall become the best wizard that school will ever see . You will be the best of many." He claims. Now, i'm not going to detail my entire first year, but that was the day I met her. A beautiful girl, Hermonie Granger. Her eyes glistened in the sunlight shining through the window on the Hogwarts express train, I had to know her.

 I spoke to my father about this girl I had seen on the train, as I was finishing up he asked, "what's her name?" "Hermonie, Hermonie Granger" I said

I spoke to my father about this girl I had seen on the train, as I was finishing up he asked, "what's her name?" "Hermonie, Hermonie Granger" I said. "You stay away from Granger, you don't befriend mudbloods." He says disappointed. "Father, what is a mudblood?" I ask. He told me all about mudbloods and muggle-borns. "You stay away from that girl. If you ever go near her, there will be consequences. Understood?" "Yes, Father."
Throughout the first year of school, I called her many many things. I called her Mudblood, Muggle-born and many other things that were not a good thing. All I could think of was if she was okay, did I hurt her feelings?
The same thing goes on all second and third year, except now she has friends. She was very close with two particular people, Ron Weasly and Harry Potter. This was a problem, at least for my father. I enjoyed seeing her friends making her smile and laugh. She was happy with them. My father forced me to make sure she couldn't be happy. I hated doing these things to her, I just want to see her smile, not frown.
The rest of year two and three go by. I continue to call her things she hated to be called by, if I don't obey my father, he might hurt her, and I can't have that happening. Believe me, the last thing I want is for her to be hurting physically, but I want to tell her. I need to tell her.
I know I could never disobey my father so I won't, but that doesn't mean I can't tell her. It's settled i'll tell her tonight. I just couldn't stop imagining her perfume. Whenever she walks past me, it smells like Roses and Lillies. I keep practicing how to tell her in my mind as I walk to the Gryffindor common room.

 I keep practicing how to tell her in my mind as I walk to the Gryffindor common room

I finally arrive at the door to her common room. I check my breath and gently knock. Hermonie answers. "Hi Hermonie, can we talk?" I ask quietly. "Ugh, what do you need? A spell, I'm guessing." I just stood there, speechless. "Draco? Hellooo?" she exclaims, waving her hand over my face, trying to get my attention. "I like you." I say without a doubt in my mind. I soon realize what I just did. "Y-you what?" she stutters. "I have for a while now" I mumble under my breath. "You like me? haha!" she snarks. "I have since the day I say you on the train here." I reply. "Malfoy, are you being serious right now?" she says, in a concerned tone. "Dead serious." "Come on in, Draco. Let's talk, so I can understand what you're trying to tell me." she turns around, opening the door for me. "If you like me so much, why were you so rude?" "I had to be, my father told me too." I explain. "Oh so your a daddy's boy?"She mocks. "No." Hermonie asks, "I don't understand why you listened to him in the first place then." "He said he would hurt you if I ever got near you." I say softly. "Oh, I could understand that though. Listen, I know this doesn't mean much coming from me, but I won't let your father control you or hurt you ever." Hermonie says. "That means a lot actually, but i'm not worried about me. I'm worried about you, if he finds out I told you, he would hurt you." I say shakily. "Draco let's just get to class, and if someone asks, you can say your teaching me spells." "You amazing at spells though, why would I be teaching you?" I ask. "It's just an excuse, use it if you have to." Hermonie says. At that moment Hermonie hugged me and I knew, everything would be okay, as long as I had her in my life.

 At that moment Hermonie hugged me and I knew, everything would be okay, as long as I had her in my life