Race Against Time (Abscission Finale)

Phew here we go😓
Audio up there!😚
Caution; minor swearing ahead

Right after Jongin leaves, Taehyung immediately dashes over to Jennie's hoping they would be home, or leave a message

He has never really entered the house when he looked for them earlier, out of respect, or probably suspected they'd be back soon.

He opens the gate, a feeling of anxiety suddenly taking over him.

Using the spare key hidden in Mrs. Kim's petunias from New Zealand, Taehyung hesitantly opens the door.

"Jennie?" He calls out, only to be greeted by silence.

He feels oddly terrified. Don't know why, he just... feels scared for some reason.

"Hyung?" He calls out again, but still no response.

All of a sudden, he's greeted by Cheongug, who's probably relieved to see someone after being left alone for quite some time.

"Cheongug-i!" Taehyung exclaims lifting the cat up.

"Do you know where they are? I have something important to tell your mom." He giggles to the cat, like a maniac.

He turns his gaze to an empty cat bowl.

"Hm, Jin hyung would have filled that bowl if they were going out on an emergency trip. Or better yet, Jennie would have brought you!" Taehyung said, still talking to the cat.

Alas, Cheongug ignores him, walking away to the couch.

Taehyung scoffed, picking Cheongug up. He lifts him up to his face, just like how you would with a baby.

"Hey, I know dad hasn't visited in a while, and I'm sorry for that, 'kay?" He giggles again, earning a meow from the little creature.

Taehyung sets him down as he starts exploring around the house, calling for Jennie and Jin.

But of course, no one answers.

He stumbles upon Jennie's room, and all their memories come flooding back.

"Oi"

"Why do you look so sorry?"

The little girl furrows her brows at him, suspicious of what he's hiding behind his back.

"Give it." She argues.

He finally gives in, hesitantly handing her the headless barbie doll.

Her eyes widen in shock, snatching the doll.

"WHY YOU-" She raises the doll in the air, ready to hit him with it.

He covers his eyes as he accepts his fate. But nothing happened.

He opens his eyes and she begins to laugh, putting the doll down.