Prologue

No author's note, just getting straight to the story:) Enjoy!

***

2 years before

I feel my heart beating so hard, it feels like it's going to jump out of my chest. The look on his face is the part that really hurts. He doesn't love me. We've been together for over a year. The boy who has all my firsts doesn't even love me. I thought that after everything we've been through together, he would at least love me. But he doesn't. And I don't know how to feel. Hurt? Mad? Sad? All the above? I don't know. All I know is that his walking away hurts. It went something like this:

We were sitting on his bed. Well, he was lying down, and I was in his arms. I was fifteen, and he was sixteen. We were just there together, in silence. That's the thing, Jere and I love silence. We don't need to say a word in order to say a million.

It was the fall of sophomore year. We were happy that we were no longer freshmen.

Earlier that day, I gave Jere concert tickets I got for us so we could go together. His favorite band is Curvy Dog's. It's some rock band that's really hard to score tickets to. "Baby, I need to tell you something." I say, as I sit up and touch his stubble. He sits up also and nods. "Well I've been thinking about this lately. And I think it's time to say it. Okay. Jere, you are my world. You're everything from the snow we love to the rain we love." I take a deep breath. Now just seems like a perfect time. "I love you." His face is not what I was expecting. Instead of a smile, he looks scared. Scared that I just poured my heart out and said I love him.

"Liv, you should get going." He says, as he picks up my bag off the floor. I say okay, and he follows me to my bike. I get my license in a few months but for now, I have my permit. I'll see him tomorrow, so he'll have to say something. I'm hurt, but I don't want him to know. I get on my bike and wave as I ride away. But little did I know, that would be the last time I wave to him.

I pull into the driveway of my house, my face wet with tears. No one is home, not my mom and not my brother. It's good, but it's also bad. I want to cry with someone, but I also want to be alone. I walk to the front door and unlock it. I only have one thing on my mind.

He doesn't love me.

We were friends before we were a couple. He didn't really notice me until the beginning of ninth grade. But when he did notice me, I felt good, and pretty. That boy has all my firsts, from kiss, to me saying I love him, and now heartbreak. It's unbearable. I thought he was the one, but he obviously doesn't feel that way.