EIGHT

♚♚♚

♚♚♚

It was times like these that Roma hated. She hated feeling helpless; like she couldn't control what was going on. Her heart beat was rising and she was losing sight of her mission. The brunette couldn't fail.

That was another thing she couldn't stand. Failure. The thought of it made her sick to her stomach. If the heist failed, she would blame and never forgive herself; even if it wasn't her fault. Most of all, Roma was scared being weak and being inferior.

And that's how she felt now.

She was typing as fast as she possibly could, trying to hack her way through databases to find possible locations of the Professor and Lisboa. But she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried, how fast she typed, she couldn't get any information on them.

And she felt helpless.

If she couldn't help them, she wouldn't know how she could ever possibly face the group again. That is to say if they lived through the heist. Roma didn't know if she could ever face Viena again if she let the Professor down.

Marsella was driving as Roma sat in the passenger seat, hoping the Professor would contact them in some way. Without the Professor, they were done for.

"Río had a microphone and a GPS beacon." Palermo informed the Professor through the radio. "Everything was extracted. Sin problemas."

Viena sat with the man in the library, learning that the Professor had wound up in a rough situation. Separated from Lisboa and hiding in a tree, the Professor was being hunted down in the woods.

"Did you isolate the chips?" The Professor asked.

Viena leaned over her knees, biting her nail as she listened to Palermo. "Of course. They're in the little box, tuned to the sweet sounds of sleep. The police have been taking notes on snoring for quite a while"

Viena would have chuckled at the idea, but the Professor in trouble, she wasn't in the mood.

She did, however, worry about her girlfriend. Viena knew that Roma would be freaking out; not knowing if she was doing enough. She was a perfectionist, after all.

"It's time to give them something else." The Professor suggested. "Palermo. Let's do the Alcatraz Plan now. Maximum urgency."

Viena sat up, pulling her hand away from her face. She could tell that Palermo was tense too.

He stood up, looking her in the eyes, his eyepatch covering his left one. "The Alcatraz Plan? Sergio, what the fuck is happening out there?"