seek , seduce , destroy.

a/n: listen to the song while reading for bETtER EXpeRiEncE. or don't cuz it's a lil 🖤☠️⛓️ if you get what im sayin .

duncan.

when i was twelve, i was sent to a “correctional” camp for having a knife on campus in middle school. not sure how having a defense weapon was gonna hurt anybody, but whatever.

the camp mostly sucked. they treated us like pets, and everyone there was insane. well, not everyone.

for some reason, they thought it was a grand idea to have counselors that were only a year or so older than us. they all got on my nerves, especially this one girl.

she pissed me off twenty five eight. she was always talking about how she was gonna be a famous attorney and how she didn't wanna be near potential gang members. we were literally twelve.

she always seemed to get onto me the most, which was weird, because i never did anything to her. sorta. any adult that saw her deprecate me would constantly say she liked me, and soon after that, she kept her distance.

but i kind of missed her. the camp was silent without all of her whining, and the last day was coming up soon.

so, twelve year old duncan's stupid ass decided to prank her. what did i do? i threw a rock into her cabin and broke her window. she screamed. it was hilarious.

i went home the next day. it's funny how i never caught that girl's name. little me was kind of upset, thinking that i wouldn't see her again.

ha.

“you're a neanderthal.” courtney says as she sits down across from me, her cafeteria tray in her hands.

i let out a small laugh. “i haven't even seen you all day. what could i have possibly done?”

“you're being a waste of space.” she replies.

“harsh, mocha!” geoff says from beside me. “but anyways, how have y'all's days been so far?”

“could've been better,” i mumble.

“decent.” courtney adds.

“well, i'm gonna make it better.” geoff says happily. “watch this.”

the blonde boy then pulls a two liter bottle of sprite out of his backpack and sets it on the table.

“i hope you're not about to put mints in that thing.” dj says.

geoff chuckles, “of course not. i'm gonna put mints in it, close it up real fast, shake it, and then throw it in the middle of the cafeteria so it can explode!”

“oh my god.” courtney rolls her eyes and begins to get up. i'm gonna go find bridgette.”

dj, geoff and i shrug. geoff begins to spill several mints into the sprite and quickly closes the bottle. “dj!” he exclaims, “do the honors, bro.”

the large boy grabs the sprite and begins shaking it. “if these cameras catch me, i'm snitching on y'all.”

as dj throws the bottle into the middle of the cafeteria, geoff lets out a huge “yeet!” and right when the bottle hits the ground, it goes flying in the air, all of the sprite spilling out of it. hilarious.

several screams, shouts and gasps were heard throughout the cafeteria. the boys and i were laughing our asses off.

“oh, man. i'm gonna go get some water, i'll be back.” i say, and geoff and dj nod their heads as i get up and leave.

since principal mcclean is cheap, we only have one water fountain that serves decently cold water. i bend down to take a sip and hear a voice behind me.

“you couldn't stop causing trouble for one day, huh?”

zoey.

i hadn't talked to her since that one day in the library, which means it's been like, a week. at least i can't say i'm a bad boyfriend for it, since, technically, i'm not her boyfriend anymore.

or was i? i don't fucking know how breaks work.

i slowly turn around and see her. she looks happy, thank God.

i shrug. “you know me,” i say, finally responding to her.

“duncan, you and i really need to talk.”

“wanna ditch?”

“excuse me?”

i laugh. “you act like you haven't ditched with me before. besides, lunch just started, we've got like, thirty minutes.”

“... i guess.”

zo and i always snuck up to the school roof when we were dating. we'd always talk about stupid shit. i even got her to smoke her first blunt. besides heather, she was the only girl i talked to about anything. i was always completely honest with her. it was only fair for me to do it now, i guess.

“you remember when i told you about that camp i went to when i was twelve?” i ask the redhead.

“yeah, and you met that girl that you didn't like.”

“you know that's courtney?”

she gasps. “the new courtney?”

what other courtney-

“yeah.”

zoey then punches my shoulder and i start laughing. “you asshole ! why didn't you tell me in the library? we didn't have to go through all of this.”

“what would you rather have me tell you?”

“um, the truth ?! god, i hate men.”

i roll my eyes. “so you're telling me you've never had feelings for mike? ever?”

“want me to be honest?” zoey asks me.

“i'd appreciate it.”

“he kissed me last night.”

oh, so he does have balls. good for him.

“you're not mad?” zoey questions, wiping some hair out of her face.

“i can't be. i've been thinking about court all week.” i begin to laugh again. “and the funny thing is, you and i are supposed to be on a break.”

“so ... we're friends?” she holds out a fist.

“sure.” i say, giving her a fist bump.

we hear the bell ring from inside and begin to climb back down from the roof.

“well,” i say, “it's a shame we won't have any more of those memories up there.”

zoey then slaps the back of my neck. “we can still go up there, idiot. oh, and you and the boys better help mike win this football game. no excuses.” she yells as she walks back into the school.

i chuckle to myself. now that zoey and i had officially ended things, i could finally go after what i wanted. the only problem is, it's gonna take me a long time to get there.

no more doey 💀 ik y'all r happy about that. anyways who do y'all want to narrate the next chapter cuz idk lmao