How Wattpad's Changed...

Now, I love the internet for a ton of reasons. One of the most important reasons is Wattpad. But this website, the greatest free E-book site in the world, has changed a lot in the past couple of years. And when I say a lot I mean A LOT. Before the "Clubs" and the popular page became an obsession Wattpad was an awesome place, a virtual hole-in-the-wall where you could connect with people all over the world while looking for something to read. It was the kind of site you spent hours on, meeting new people, asking others if they would check out your work by simply posting a message asking them to, exploring. If someone didn't feel like reading your story they could simply delete the post by clicking "delete". Now I'm just walking away from what I'm trying to address.

Wattpad, in my opinion, has lost it umpfh.

I'm not trying to sound negative or rude, in no way am I trying to offend the hard working, dedicated Wattpad team, but trying to help by addressing key issues. I have a list of things that have changed either for the better, worst, or a little bit of both. Nothing is absolutely terrible that I would delete my account and upload all my stories to another site, but there are a couple of things that could be looked over, fixed or bettered.

The list of things that have and could be changed are:

"Spam" or Advertising (Threads and Updates)

Fanning

Votes

Popular Page

Design

Format (Discover, Create, Communtiy and Profile)

Copyright

Users

It may not look like a lot but each category is crucial to the makeup of Wattpad and how it operates as a whole. Being that I've been a user for just over three years I have seen it develop and change in many "stages." I wouldn't call myself an expert because I have met a few users who have been using this site for longer than myself but I would say that I'm far from ignorant. Media and growth are the key reasons for why Wattpad has had to make so many changes.

Innovation is key in business.

Sometimes innovation can develop issues.