Prologue

: : P R O L O U G E : :

Beauty is so beautiful especially when you see it on someone who even the society agrees on calling perfect.

I was perfection. Everyone loved me. I wasn't known as the Billion Dollar Girl for nothing.

I was the reason why many had a living and someone to look up to.

No, I wasn't the President of United States of America. No, I wasn't the Queen of England.

I was Mary Boston. The World Champion #3 of Figure Skating and was better than you.

It was just my luck that Nathaniel Anderson died ---- the day I had prayed that nothing should go wrong --- changing my life for the worse; when all I had wanted was to win the #1 spot.

❄❄❄

September 23rd

Coach John popped inside my dressing room with his hair unkempt and his face wrinkled with nervousness and worry.

I was pretty much calm, collected and confident as always, preparing myself mentally to astonish the audience outside with my performance and claw Sandra Muck's face with my roughly bitten nails.

"Are you ready, Mary?" he asked in a way that I had to answer in affirmative even if I wasn't.

"Of course." I stood up from the sofa and shrugged the huge white robe off by shoulders that covered my dress and let it fall onto the floor.

The crystals of the tight red dress ---- the kinds I usually wore for skating ---- reflected the light onto John's face while he blinked numerous times because of the disco ball of natural kaleidoscope.

"Remind me to tell Kelly to add a little less bling to your dresses. Wouldn't want the judges to go blind, would we?" He pursed his lips looking at my dress unapprovingly.

He gave me his all famous signature frown with an eye brow raised.

Right then, the speakers went on and a female electronic voice called out, "Contestant Number fifteen, Boston, representing Japan. Please come to the Watching Room for the next performance."

Mary Boston representing Japan, ironic. I know.

No one was happy when I had announced I was moving to Japan to get my training.

But it was only because of this country that I am who and what I'd become that day and I wouldn't leave it for anything in this World.

A white girl representing Japan was about anyone's interest of misjudgement but it soon died out when my fame-because-of-nationality actually turned into fame-for-my-talent.

And since then, I'd been unbeatable.

And now I had to steal back my spot from Sandra Muck who represented... my old home.

My life was going good. It was going great. Except for that teeny weeny grudge I accept that I possessed ever since I flew to Japan.

"Mary, it's your call." John's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I took my spare knee-length silver glitter skates in my arms, kicked the door open and turned around to smirk at my old man.

"Come on, John. It's show time."