Chapter 9: Kim Yi Sook

Yi Sook and Ae Ra walked out of the police station, in an uncomfortable silence. This is the first time like this new long time friends like them, and this silence was weirding them out. Ae Ra was the first to break it.
"So.. Yi Sook?" He turned to look at her. "Why are you so silent?"
"Well, my best friend just told me about a possible murder and she refuses to give me anything except asking me to believe her. What would you do then?" Ae Ra fell silent once again. Yi Sook sighed.
"I will look into this. At least, give me something, anything, as to why this should be taken seriously!" Ae Ra nodded, and turned to look at him.
"Will you really believe me? Without question?" She asked Yi Sook, looking into his eyes. It was then Yi Sook realised she was being extremely serious.
"Fine, don't tell me. I believe you to some extent, but whatever secret you're keeping, please tell me soon. You know, I can take it." He said, nudging her. Ae Ra smiled.
"I know you can."
"MISS JUNG!" Someone screamed behind them. Both Yi Sook and Ae Ra jerked around to look at the noise. Do Hwan stood there, panting.
"Mr. Kim! You're here!" Ae Ra said, running to him. Yi Sook looked puzzled. He slowly walked towards where Ae Ra was standing.
"Yi Sook, this is my boss, Mr. Kim Do Hwan. Mr. Kim, this is my best friend, Yi Sook." Ae Ra introduced them both. Do Hwan bowed in courtesy, and Yi Sook returned it, but was visibly confused.
"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Do Hwan."
"Likewise." Do Hwan said simply, and turned to look at ae Ra.
"Should I drop you off at home? We have some things to discuss." Do Hwan asked, smiling. Ae Ra looked at Yi Sook in response.
"Of course. Call me when you get home, Ae Ra." Yi Sook said, extending his arms for a hug. Ae Ra hugged him.
"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow."
Do Hwan and Ae Ra walked towards Do Hwan's car, while Yi Sook just stood and watched them both until the car pulled away.

"Kim Do Hwan.." Yi Sook muttered to himself. "Why do you look so familiar?"

*
"You've got a lot to explain." Do Hwan said in a composed voice, while Ae Ra adjusted her seatbelt.
"I thought I did already! On the phone, remember?" Ae Ra protested.
"Yeah but that wasn't enough. Do you know why she approached you?" Do Hwan asked.
"I don't know. Was there some hidden reason?"
Do Hwan sighed. "When a spirit asks you to do something, don't blindly trust them. In this case, it was alright. It won't be the same all the time." He continued, while Ae Ra watched him in amusement. Do Hwan didn't notice her and continued.
"Some spirits can and will use a human to exact revenge on others. You should be careful.. Make-" Do Hwan turned to look at Ae Ra, who was watching him intently.
"What? Did I say something offensive?" He asked, worried. Ae Ra shook her head.
"Thank you for worrying about me. I'll let you know first if something like this happens again." Ae Ra said, slightly bowing her head. Do Hwan nodded.
"You really ran all this way for me? Wow!" Ae Ra laughed, making the atmosphere more lighter. Do Hwan snickered.
"No way! I came so I don't have to face Chan Seong's wrath." Ae Ra looked at him in disbelief.
"Mr. Chairman/Owner, you have to treat your employees well!" Do Hwan laughed, soon Ae Ra joining him.

"By the way, the friend you introduced me to, does he know about our hotel?" Asked Do Hwan, more focused on driving now.
"No. I thought of telling him but I decided against it. This is the first time I'm keeping a secret from him." Ae Ra said smiling at the road in front of her. Do Hwan nodded.
"How long have you known each other?" Do Hwan asked, raising his eyebrow.
"10 years now. We are friends since middle school."
"Wait a second, I never asked what your age is." Ae Ra said, now watching Do Hwan grinning.
"Why don't you take a guess?" He said teasingly.
"Hmm.. you look like you could be.. I don't know? 40 years old?" Do Hwan snorted in disbelief.
"40?? Wow! That's just cruel."
Ae Ra laughed, but then thought again, this time more seriously.
"I think 35?" She tried again.
"Close. 32." Do Hwan said, grinning again.
"40 is also close!" Ae Ra laughed at Do Hwan who just sulked jokingly.
"You're 25, right?" Ae Ra nodded at Do Hwan's question.
"Honestly, the decision you made today, was very mature, instead of facing the man yourself I mean." Do Hwan praised Ae Ra. She grinned and bowed slightly.
"I would have probably broke the guy's door open and.." Do Hwan trailed off, watching Ae Ra. She just stared at him.
"You don't seem like a person who would choose violence." Ae Ra said.
"Well, you don't know me yet." Do Hwan winked. Ae Ra smiled.