𝒔𝒊𝒙

-~-

-~-

As promised, Sherlock arrived at Adeline's lodgings at fifteen minutes past ten, and with a small arrangement of flowers.

"Oh, they're beautiful Sherlock." Adeline said, and brought the bunch to her nose. The bunch of flowers included Lilies and Red Roses. Adeline handed them to the manager of her lodgings and requested them to be put in a vase in her room.

"Shall we?" Sherlock asked.

"We shall." Adeline replied smiling, and Sherlock helped her into the carriage that would be dropping them off at the park.

Once the pair arrived at the park Sherlock held out his hand for Adeline to take, and they started their stroll.

"May I inquire as to what you've been doing these past years?" Sherlock was almost hesitant to ask.

"It's alright Sherlock, you may." Adeline said, ready to put the past behind them.

"Well, when you first left, I mopped around the house quite a bit, but I also spent quite a good deal of time with your mother and Enola - that's why we are as close as we are now." Adeline spoke thinking back to a decade ago, how time has passed so fast.

"Although my spirits didn't lift all too much, so my parents fed up with my sadness sent me to Miss Harrison's school." Sherlock grimaced. Adeline noticed and said with a laugh.

"It wasn't all that bad, just rather a dull experience. Albeit Miss Harrison was just as brutal back then as she is now."

"Even so, I wouldn't wish to be in her company any more than what I had too." Sherlock said.

"And after you left the school?" Sherlock questioned, with an intrigued look on his face.

"I returned home to look after my mother, since father had left to fight in the Afghan War." Adeline replied.

A handful of children ran past them giggling, stopping the couple in their tracks for a few seconds before they continued.

"I hadn't realised your father served in that war." Sherlock said.

"Yes, my mother felt too saddened to stay in the family home, so we moved in with my aunt and uncle. That is where I had been staying when I received my telegram from Enola about your mother."

"And how about you?" Adeline questioned as they turned a corner in the park

"I suppose your job took up most of your time." Adeline said.

"Indeed it did, although I found pleasure in doing activities outside of my job." Sherlock replied.

"Oh? Such as?" Adeline asked.

"The violin, marksmanship, chemistry, to name a few." Sherlock remarked.

"To name a few? You've impressed me, Mr. Holmes." Adeline giggled.

"I'm glad." Sherlock replied, with a smile.

They had entered a quiet area of the park and the loud chatter of people had almost ceased. The trees brushing with the light caress of the wind, and the trickling water of the stream nearby made Adeline feel quite at peace. A feeling she hadn't felt since Enola's disappearance.

"What engagements do you have planned for this afternoon?" Adeline questioned.

"I'm going to be visiting one of my mother's correspondences, and then a location I believe my mother frequented often." Sherlock responded.

"You read your mother's letters? Eudoria was big on privacy if you don't remember." Adeline spoke.

"I do indeed remember, I suppose that's why I found them hidden in the fireplace." Sherlock chuckled.

"That does sound like Eudoria." Adeline said with a smile.

"Would you like to accompany me?" Sherlock asked, turning his head towards Adeline as they walked.

"I would be glad to." Adeline replied.

-~-

𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉, 𝒔𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆!! 

𝒙𝒙