The Flood

The school day had just ended, and me and Emma walked to my house together. We went inside, put down our bags, and slipped off our shoes. We started working on our homework together, and we had a decent bit. Emma went into the bathroom, and I heard the bath and sink start. Emma came back into my room, but I was working on my homework and didn't think much of it. She went back to the bathroom, and came running back, the bottoms of her socks wet.

      "The water wont turn off," she said nervously. 

      I went in to the bathroom to check and stepped in a puddle of water covering the whole floor. The cool water seeped into my socks, and I splashed into the bathroom. The sink and the tub were both full and overflowing, so I tried to turn the tub off first. The handle got stuck and wouldn't move, so I couldn't turn it off. I went to the sink, and the same thing happened.

      "Well, I don't know what to do. I guess I could keep trying?" I said to her. The water kept rising, now about 2 inches.

      I went back over to the tub, and tried again. The only thing I managed to do was somehow enable the shower, which started spewing more water.

      "Ugh... what the heck. Is there a turn off valve on the sink? That might help," I asked Emma.

      "Sure, look for it," she responded. I knelt down in the water, which was rising comically fast. The cool water soaked the front of my knee socks and the bottom of my skirt, which almost felt kinda nice.

      I look under the sink, and find a valve. I turn it, but the water only comes out faster. I turn it the other way, but it still comes out faster. The water rises and covers my legs, and starts rising to my waist.

      "Come here and look!" I said to Emma, who was just watching me.

      "Okay, I will," she knealed down into the water, immediately soaking her thigh-high socks. "I don't know why its doing this."

      She turned the valve even more, and even more water started coming out of the faucet. More even came out of the shower, and the water quickly rose to mid-calf height. I just sat on the edge of the overflowing tub and watched as the water quicky rose. Six inches, a foot, past our knees, it kept rising. I stood up. Two feet, up to our waists, lapping at our skirts. Me and Emma stood on the sink to get above the water, but it rose up quickly.

     Even standing on the sink, the water rose up our legs, and kept rising. We couldn't go any higher, so the water went above our waists and made its way up to our chests. Soon we were swimming, unable to reach solid ground without being fully submerged. Luckily, my bathroom was rather tall, so we had a long time before the whole room was full.

     "Well I didn't plan on getting this wet today, but guess it happened," Emma said.

      "We probably would have went in the pool with our clothes after homework but this works fine," I said.

      Then, the door opened, the water held in somehow, and I saw Taylor on the other side. She took a deep breathe, then ran into the room. She surfaced, her clothes and socks fully soaked.

      "Hey guys. What happened in here?" She asked casually.

       "The water wont turn off," I said.

       "Should I call backup?" Taylor offered.

       "Sure," both me and Emma replied. Taylor swam back down and went out the door.

      "We could just leave right now, but I don't want to," I said.

      "Yeah this is fine," Emma agreed. A few minutes later, Taylor swam back into the room. I saw Kaitlyn, Nina, and Lily. They all took off their shoes, set down their bags, and came into the room. Each one surfaced, all completely soaked.

      "Looks like your in a situation," Kaitlyn said.

      "So, are we just gonna swim here?" Lily asked.

      "Yeah, basically," I said. The water was almost at the ceiling. "I dunno what we are going to do."

      "We could leave at any time so just leave it, I guess," Nina said. We swam around until the water hit the ceiling, and as soon as the water level hit the ceiling, it started dropping slowly. We swam around until our feet could touch land, then we stayed there and waited for it to sink lower. I jumped to the ground, the water now only thigh high, and everyone else followed.

     After a few minutes, there were only small puddles on the floor, and we were left soaking wet and dripping.

      "Lets all go outside, and swim for real," Lily suggested. We all headed outside to the pool, and already soaking wet, each jumped in. Lena and Lizzy both arrived together.

      "Did I miss the party?" Lena asked.

      "Part of it, yes, but its still happening," Nina answered. Lizzy quickly slipped off her shoes and jumped in. She always wore her thigh-highs in the pool, because she really liked them. Lena was slower to jump in, and in the end Lizzy got out and pushed her. Lena always enjoyed it though, I just think she wanted pushed in.

     We swam around for a few hours, until it got late. We got out of the pool and lounged around, letting our clothes dry. No one left to get dinner though, so we cooked something. All my friends ended up staying over for the night, and that led to a midnight bath session. Me and Lizzy found some time, and went to swim with eachother in the dark. The rest of my friends probably knew what was happening between us, because they were all giggly when we got back.

    At sometime around 3 AM Lizzy quietly woke me up. We went into the bathroom, and Lizzy went into the tub. I followed her in. She kissed me, and I wrapped around her. We just held there for a few seconds, then pulled away. We were both blushing hard. I turned on the shower and let the water soak us. We kissed again.

     After letting our clothes and socks dry enough, we went back into bed, and fell asleep.