g a l a ' s a n d t w i n s

Natalia sashayed into the ballroom, pausing for a moment at the door to give the bouncer her altered invitation with her cover name on it. The bouncer glanced over her with a smirk, before waving her in without so much as a glance at the paper in his hands. That was the advantage of having a nice body as an assassin, most guards completely overlooked her as any kind of suspect.
    "What is a beautiful young lady like you doing all alone at this gala?" A man grinned at Natalia, looking over her. "You should have a man to fit your needs."
    "Thank you, sir. I'm afraid I'm already waiting for someone," Natalia knew the man had ill intentions the minute she laid eyes on him. His grin was bordering smug, and his eyes were malicious. Clearly, he had no intent of simply being company.
    "Oh, that's a shame. Well, you know what I look like if your date's a drag," The man winked at Natalia, making her shiver in disgust. Sadly, he took it as pleasure, and grinned wider.
    "Thank you," Natalia was quick to walk away, searching for her target amongst a hundred or more people. This task was going to be more difficult than anticipated.
    As she wandered the room, she received many greetings, some acting as if she was an old friend. The guests seemed to have assumed that she was someone very important, as they had never seen her before, and don't want to assume she was a nobody.                 Judging by her research, this man was feared by many people.
    Mr. Salvate.
    Even just thinking about his name gave her odd shivers, but they weren't shivers of disgust.
    Natalia accounted it to nerves, or fear even. She quickly refocused her attention to her task. She had circled the whole room, and she still could not find him. Assuming he was upstairs in a lounging room, she began to climb the stairs. Bumping into someone, she quickly apologized before continuing up the stairs.
    "Oh, it's Rhianna Star! Or should I say mystery girl?"
    Natalia turned around to find Ian grinning at her, seemingly happy to have found her.
    "Excuse me? Do I know you?" Natalia feigned confusion, knowing he saw straight through it.
    "Oh, shove it, MG. I know your secrets, or whatever, so stop trying to hide it," Ian rolled his eyes and stretched his hand out. "We haven't been introduced properly. I'm Ian, what's your name. Real name"
    "I'm sorry, MG?"
    "Mystery girl. Now, your name?" He poked me with his outstretched hand.
    "I told you, Rhianna. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have other matters to attend to."
    "Oh, matters like Damon Salvate?" He took his hand back and crossed his arms.
    "Thank you for his first name. I didn't want to do this, but," Natalia pulls out a syringe filled with cyanide.
    "What is that?" Ian questioned, his worried eyes locked on the syringe.
    "Cyanide. Very deadly, unless you have the antidote," Natalia lifted up a different syringe, smiling innocently at Ian. "I can't let the information you have get out. Either you die, pledge loyalty to me, or go through electroconvulsive therapy to get these memories erased."
    "My memories erased? Would that be dangerous?" Ian looked slightly fearful, though Natalia noticed a slight mockerery, as if he didn't believe she would do it.
    "Dutch therapists say it's perfectly safe, although some think it might cause dementia. But, it's up to you."
    "Ok, I choose swearing loyalty to you."
    "Eh. Too late! I decided to not give that option anymore. Also, ECT is really hard and not easy to get to where it is. So cyanide it is."
    "Damon!" Ian yelled before Natalia slapped a hand over his mouth.
     Natalia hissed, "Do you want an innocent family to die, including a pregnant woman?"
    "Of course not! Wait, what? Why would you ask that? Are you going to kill them?" Ian's words were muffled, and Natalia pulled her hand back after he licked it.
    "Ew. And no, I don't kill innocent people."
    "How do you know that?" Ian tilted his head. "You didn't even know your target's first name. You wouldn't get anywhere on any search engine with that. My guess is that you're a pawn."
    "I would know if they were innocent. Look, if you call your boss, that innocent family is gonna die."
    Ian squints his eyes."See, you say you won't kill innocent people, but then you go and threaten them. A little confusing, if you ask me."
    "I'm not threatening them, my company will kill them if they hear that someone found me out."
    "Well, you better warn that family of yours," A different voice spoke from behind Natalia, startling her. She turned around and put a knife to his neck.                 "Woah, feisty. Put the knife down, I'm not here to rat you out, I'm afraid someone beat me to it."
    "What?" Natalia's hand fell, and her voice became helpless, though she quickly steadied again.
    "Someone told the company about you being here and talking to Ian here. They must have been following you. My guess is that they are on their way to the family now," The mystery man shrugged like it was not a big deal. "The poor baby never got to see the light of day."
    "I have to go, thank you for your time," Natalia nodded and walked as quickly as she could down the stairs without looking frantic.
    "Wait, I have a deal for you," The man behind her grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving.
    "I deny, thank you for the offer," Natalia tried to get out of his grip, but failed.
    "Calm down. My men are already there. If you leave me and my friend alone, you don't kill either of us, my men will get the family out of there, safe and sound. I'll even get you a place to stay for a week."
    "What if I don't trust you?" She tilted her chin up in fake arrogance.
    "You have to. You don't have any other choice, I'm afraid," The man smirked cockily.
    "I can still recover this, besides you are the ones who uncovered me, you are the ones who should suffer," Natalia crossed her arms and glared at Ian.
    "Hey! It was you who had a crappy cover name!" Ian retorted hesitantly.
    "I still have the cyanide!" Natalia took a threatening step towards Ian, the man's arm stopping her.
    "Remember, I still haven't made the call. I would play nice, if I were you," The man warned.
    "Play nice? You are threatening an innocent family and you're asking me to play nice? Wow,"             Natalia scoffed, "I'm the one with the cyanide."
    "Ok, ok. Enough with the cyanide. If I save the family, do you promise to come with me willingly and be compliant?"
    "I promise," Natalia outright lied, surprisingly getting away with it.
    "Thank you," The man lifted his phone up to his ear, seeming exasperated. "You hear that? How is the family doing?"
    "They are warm and well taken care of," The phone volume was loud enough for Natalia to hear, causing her eyes to widen.
    The man scoffed, "What, you think I would actually let the family die if you didn't agree to my terms? I'm not a barbarian."
    "I'm guessing you're Damon Salvate?" Natalia questioned, ignoring the fact that the man let her panic instead of telling her the truth.
    "No," The man scoffed. "No, no. I'm his much more handsome brother. My name's Liam. I'm usually the one who goes out for public events, so everyone thinks that I'm him. That must be why they thought he would be here today."
    "Wait, so even if Ian didn't catch me, I would've failed?" Natalia winced at the obvious lose-lose of the situation.
    "Pretty much. But, Ian didn't exactly find you out. That was me, at the women's pregnancy center. Ian was the other one in the car," Liam laughed. "That was a pretty good trick, by the way. I almost thought you weren't who we were looking for."
    "How long have you known that someone was after your brother?" Natalia sat down on the stairs in shock.
    "We know the minute they start scouting out his location and outfit. We knew you were in the hotel room, we weren't sure you were the one we were after until you started running," Liam shrugged. "You could have been more discreet."
    "Where is your brother?" Natlai turned to Liam determination crossing her features.
    "Um, well, he should be at the house your family is at," Liam furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"
    "Because," Natalia stood up and collected herself. "I'm going to kill your brother, then you, then Ian, then tell the company the whole truth and get back to where I need to be."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Natalia stalked out of the building, with Ian and Liam trying to catch up to her. She quickly unlocked her car, got in the front seat and turned on the car before Ian and Liam even got out of the doors. She pressed more gently on the accelerator, still a little sore from the last time she tried to push it violently. Racing down the street, she came to the realization that she did not know where the house was. Glancing down at her phone, she unlocked it and went to her favorites. Dialing up Rosa, she put the phone on speakerphone.
    "Talia! Are you okay? Where are you? We were told that we are in danger but no one will tell us anything!" Rosa's panicked voice rang out, and Natalia flinched out of guilt.
    Natalia pressed harder on the gas, going almost 30 over the speed limit,
    "I know, I know. I'm sorry I dragged you into this. Listen to me. I need you to tell me your address, then I need you and Todd to get out of there, ok?"
     "Oh, I don't think that's necessary, Talia. Todd and Rosa are perfectly safe here. Thank you for your concern. Goodbye," A deep, smooth voice replaced Rosa's, and before Natalia could say anything, the call was ended.
    "Rosa?" Natalia tried one more time in vain. She sighed in disappointment and pulled the car over, grabbing her phone. As quickly as she could, she looked at her tracking app. She had asked Rosa and Todd to carry a tracking device, just in case something happened. They didn't like to listen to her, but thank goodness this is the one time they did. Quickly turning her car back on, she glanced at her phone one last time before putting it in gear and speeding in the direction they were in.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Natalia threw her car door open, lifting her inconvenient dress up, and rushed to the door of the huge house. Surprisingly, the guards let her through the gates without a second glance. She banged on the door, not waiting for a response when she realized the door was unlocked. She slammed it shut, seething and glancing around to survey her surroundings. The walls were bare, no decorations. The living room she entered was quiet, the only noise being a fireplace crackling. Natalia warily continued to a staircase at the side of the living room, slowly making her way up the stairs, foolishly not checking the rest of the house.
    "Rosa? Todd?" Natalia yelled. She knew it was dumb to announce her presence, but she was pretty sure the banging did that for her. If not that, the guards probably alerted their all-powerful master. Note the sarcasm.
    "Natalia?" Rosa's voice reached her, and Natalia spun around to see Rosa and Todd walk out of a room downstairs, a door she didn't see. "Talia! I'm so glad you're okay!"
    Natalia raced back down the stairs, squishing Rosa and Todd in a hug.
    "Are you guys okay? What happened?" Natalia pulled back to scan the two for injuries.
    "We are fine, your friend helped us. He's really sweet, why didn't you tell us about him?"     Rosa winked and nudged Natalia suggestively.
    "Who? Damon? He isn't my friend, or yours. I need you guys to get out of here, ok? My car is right outside, go to the airport and fly far away as a vacation," Natalia hoped her tone conveyed her urgency.
    "I wouldn't do that if I were you," The same voice that interrupted the phone call called out from the same room Todd and Rosa came from. "They were being threatened by the very company you work for, why do you think they would be safe far away from you?"
    "Damon, let them go, they didn't do anything," Natalia glared at the man who entered the conversation, only slightly shocked at his well defined face.     He looked the exact same as Liam, other than the light freckles. Same brown hair, green eyes. Everyone in the business had to have a pretty face, it was an unwritten rule.
    "Ah yes, but you did. I'm not holding them hostage, they are here willingly. And if they leave they are in danger because of you, I'd be careful," Damon said, raising an eyebrow at her. "There's a room for you upstairs, or you can leave and sort out how to explain to the company without losing everything."
    Natalia gave up, knowing she got herself into a mess and this was the only chance she had to fix everything, but slightly still scheming, "Where is the room?"
"Upstairs, second room on your right. Have a great stay," Damon's expression was smug. Natalia had to refrain from punching it off of him.
She waved to Rosa and Todd, who looked at her apologetically. Natalia reluctantly went back up the stairs, looking back one more time before disappearing into a hallway. She found the room Damon told her about, surveying the bare walls. There was a four poster bed, old fashioned with curtains on the wall next to the entrance. The rest of the room was empty, save for a door across from the bed. Natalia walked over to it and opened it to reveal a four piece bathroom.
Flopping onto the bed, she finally addressed her thoughts.
How was she gonna kill Damon with Todd and Rosa in the same house? They knew about her job, but they would not be ok with her doing it in front of them. Especially with Rosa expecting.
Interrupted by a knock on the door, she sat up quickly, expecting Damon.
    "Come in," She prepared for more taunting, but was surprised when Rosa entered.
    Rosa looked at her sympathetically, "Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?"
    "I should be asking you that. I am so sorry for dragging you two into this," Natalia hung her head in shame, knowing that it was her fault that they were in danger. "I never meant to hurt you like this."
    "You know we don't blame you, right? We blame the company you work for. They've always been crazy. Always threatening you and sometimes us. You did nothing wrong," Rosa rubbed her back, trying her best to comfort Natalia. "You're just as much of a victim as us."
    "I was the one who messed up my job. I can't keep you guys safe anymore, and that's my fault."
    "No, Damon's brother was the one who messed up your job. The only reason we are being threatened is because of a inconveniently timed phone call, that we made, not you."
    "What? A phone call?" Natalia looked up in confusion. She doesn't remember there being a phone call mixed up in this mess, but there has been a lot of confusion.
    "We never told you, but we called you at your job some years ago, and your boss picked it up. That's how he found out about us. Not research, or a slip-up by you." Rosa winced guiltily, looked at Natalia with worried eyes, "It's our fault that we are being threatened."
    "No. It's the company's fault. They are the ones who are threatening you guys," Natalia suddenly stood up with anger, calming down when she realized. She looked at her clenched fists in slight confusion, unsure where the sudden anger came from. She had never felt this much anger towards the company. Sure, she's been plotting for years to take them down, but it's never been this anger fueled before.
    "You're right, but there isn't anything we can do but try to stay safe. Promise me you'll keep yourself out of public for the time being, please," Rosa rose and held both of Natalia's hands. "I can't lose you."
    "I promise. You have to promise me that you and Todd will stay safe, if not for me, then for the baby," Natalia squeezed Rosa's hands. "I can't lose you guys either."
    "You won't, I promise."
    "Well," Damon stood at the doorway, staring straight at Natalia. "While that was heartwarming to watch, I need to talk to Natalia. Privately, please."
    "Of course," Rosa wiped tears that Natalia did not notice from her eyes, and hugged Natalia. "I will be with Todd. Bye, sweetie."
    "The company," Damon waited until Rosa was far away to start talking. "Needs to be taken down. As soon as possible."
    Natalia furrowed her eyebrows, unsure if she heard him right."I'm sorry, what?"
     "The company, we need to take it down," Damon looked nonchalant.
    "Why would you want to take the company down?" Natalia sat back down on the bed, putting all her attention on Damon, putting a slight accusatory tone in her voice.
    "They've sent ten too many assassin's to kill me. It's getting really annoying. Plus, every single one has failed, meaning they have killed more people every time.How many lives have been damaged in their need for power? How many more will be?" Damon sat beside Natalia, his expression grim. "They have no mercy. On anyone. I think it is about time their throne was taken."
    "How would we even do that? The boss I know isn't even the real boss. No one knows anything about the company."
    "I have a way to know everything about them, but I was waiting for someone to come and tell me how to do it," Damon rolled his eyes. "Yet, everyone who tried to kill me ended up disappearing before I could get to them. But, not you."
    "So, what you're saying, is that the only reason you haven't taken down the company is because you don't have me?"
    "No, what I'm saying is I couldn't do it because I didn't have an assassin from them," Damon rolled his shoulders, seeming frustrated. "You just happened to be the only one who stayed around."
    Natalia grinned smugly, "All I'm hearing is that you need me."
    "Yes, ok? I need you. But you need me just as much."
    "How? I was doing fine before you came along," Natalia got defensive. She hasn't needed anyone since she was a child, and she wants to stay that way forever.
    "Did you forget about your family down there? You wouldn't want to lose your only relatives, would you?" Damon puts his hands on his knees, raising his eyebrows.
    "Relatives? You think that Rosa and Todd are actually related to me?" Natalia almost started laughing at the thought. The difference between the three of them was striking. Rosa was blonde, with extremely rare brown eyes to pair, and Todd had brown hair with brown eyes. Natalia had black hair, or some would argue very dark brown, and pastel blue eyes. Rosa and Todd were more filled out, in a healthy way, while Natalia was forced to stay skinny and fit for her job. There was absolutely no resemblance between her and them, so she did not see any reason Damon would think they are related.
    "You aren't related to them? I thought that Rosa was your sister or something," Damian's face turned confused at the revelation.
    "No, I'm not related to them. I thought you knew that?" It became increasingly hard to keep her face straight.
    "Why would you be so protective over them if they aren't actually related to you?"
     Natalia shrugged, her almost laughter ceased, "They are the only thing I have left."
    "Well that isn't true anymore."
Natalia turned her head towards Ian, who had just entered the room.
    "Ian? How long have you been listening," Natalia furrowed her eyebrows, going over the previous conversation for anything incriminating, thankfully finding nothing, but still scolding herself for not noticing.
    "Just heard you say that you only have Rosa and Todd, but now, you have us. Despite the fact that you threatened every single one of us, we are your new family," Ian grinned at her. "And we are taking the Company down."
A/N
Hello! This one is also very long, around 3,400 words. If anyone reading this wants shorter or longer chapters, let me know and I will. Also, any mistakes, please point them out! :)