Chapter 6: Gilded Red Door

For anyone who didn't already notice... this is a double update!!! 😁 ohi that's it for me. Enjoy the double update everyone!!

Rosé POV

*Time Skip*
It was already past 8 o'clock in the afternoon, Jennie and I just stayed at the house the whole day after she fell asleep on top of me on the couch. Lisa called around lunchtime to tell me in an exasperated tone about how I should've told her about Jisoo and that it wasn't Irene unnie who instructed her to pick up Jisoo. Irene was only a messenger. I just laughed and bid her good luck as I ended the call since Jennie was already stirring awake at that time.

We had stayed there for another hour and a half, covered in the blanket that Joon had brought us after he saw me still awake in our current position. Even though my whole body had ached for so long now, I never moved an inch until the call from Lisa. I had opt to turn to my left to keep her spooned in my arms and sandwiched between the couch and I.

I looked at my phone one last time before I pocketed it and brought my hand back to the small of her back. "3:21. Huh she fell asleep at around 11:49 I think." I mumbled and then proceeded to bury my nose into her hair. It had a hint of coconut and chocolate with a dash of my own fabric softener likely from my bed's scent latching onto her.

With my nose in her hair and my hands placed accordingly, I fell into a deep slumber. I then woke up abruptly but now I was seated at the table in the kitchen. "When did I... get here?" I asked myself and the next thing I heard froze me in my seat.

I turned towards the woman who called my name and teared up seeing her face again. "M-mom." I said as I practically ran towards her warm and comforting embrace.

"I-I thought you were-"

"I am Chaeyoungie, dear." She said cutting me off initially.

I looked up her way in teary eyes. "B-but..."

She smiled at me warmly, I missed her smiles so much. "I'm here to tell you that you are doing a great job, my dear." She said with care and sweetness in her voice.

"O-on what?" I asked now confused.

"On getting closer to one who killed us. Now I don't have much time now, love. I want you to remember one important thing from here today ok?" She said quickly.

I nodded quickly still a bit overwhelmed by the whole encounter. "Son Wendy."

"Huh? Irene's girlfriend? What's she got to do with you guys??" I asked completely confused as to why her name was mentioned.

"She will know the rest of the information you seek. All you have to say to her is our secret word and she will tell you all you need to know ok love?"

"O-okay..." I nodded still unsure and confused.

"You're waking up my baby. I love you." She said one last time with tears pooling in her eyes. Before I could say it to her back I was brought back in reality in a cold sweat and a worried faced Jennie to my left.

"Are you ok, Rosé??" She asked eyes filled with worry. I nodded my head and noticed that she was holding my waist in her arms which kept me from falling off the couch entirely.

She still had worry etched into her face and eyes but I tried to reassure her that I was. I tried to get out of her hold and off the couch but she pouted and shook her head no. She kept me there, tightening her embrace as she burrowed her face into the crook of my neck once again.

For some odd reason, that small act from her calmed me down slowly and I found my shaky hands coming back to wrap themselves around her petite body. We stayed in that position for another 20-30 minutes until her stomach made an audible noise stating it's hunger.