7. And Die With a Smile

(DREW)

I woke up the next morning in a pile of messy sheets in the hotel room. I looked around my surroundings and saw nothing but furniture and lamps. Everything was exactly the same as I came in. I rubbed my hands on the other side of the bed.

I didn't feel nothing but cold air and sheets. Camryn went and vanished like dust. I was hoping the next morning I'd wake up to her and make a great morning breakfast but everything turned into reality. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and winked at myself. Sure the amazing intercourse was great with Camryn, but I wanted much more than intercourse. I really like this girl. She's like the headphones to your iPhone. You can't listen to any music personally without having them. You want all the sync, the beat, the waves on the track to be for you and only you. Only you can truly understand your music taste and your headphones knew the exact kind of person you are. So when you'd finally plug them into your phone your not afraid of the person next to you judging you. The connection is between you and the sound. Camryn was the sound and as much as I'd like to keep her around me much longer, I was such an idiot for not asking her number.

I was too caught up in the intercourse.

I threw on my clothes from last night and walked out the hotel.

As I walked home the atmosphere grew thickening, darkened, grew soggier with spurts of rain. All of Camryn's touch washed off my dying skin underneath all my yesterdays clothes. My phone was ringing constantly in my pocket but I didn't bother to pick it up. The sun, even it's trace, vanished behind the thick blurring clouds cuddled up in the sky above my damped head. The rain came pouring down much heavier. It was a bit chilly. My breath came out like smoke each time I exhaled out my mouth. My teeth clicking in my mouth on a chilly day. I kept walking faster and faster with my hands in my pocket with only my sweater on. My jeans felt like wet laundry stuck against my skin.

The clouds grew much thicker blindingly and the lenses in my eyes fogged. I couldn't see clearly through the pouring rain.

Walking quietly through the mud on the front lawn of Ellah's house came a trail which led upward where the trees appeared thinner and the ground more solid.

I knew with a clarity not born of reason that I would be found. I pushed the door open as I slid the key through the lock. The door opened quietly. The house was quiet. Ellah could be sleeping upstairs dreaming happily in peace.

I walked upstairs into my room and collapsed into a deep sleep. My eyes closed with a reason of never opening them. I kicked my shoes drenched in water on the carpet below my bed. Ten minutes into sleep as eyes were about to take me on an adventure, I heard my door open, suddenly, the person's presence I felt when I inhaled their energy bouncing back and forth. I heard a whisper of my name and before I can respond and open my eyes I was already dreaming. I lost connection with the real world and fell into a big puddle of fantasy.

_____

I woke up three hours later trying to see where I was. I was in my room still feeling wet underneath my clothes. My bed sheets were wet too and my hair almost dry. I showered and changed into something new.