Obligatory Author's Note + Cover

Hello! I have decided to try my hand at snarking BSC books. I am a lover of snarks and have longed to do one myself for a while. This book sparked enough rage in me to finally give it a try. For legal reasons: I don't own the Baby-Sitters Club or any of the characters. All rights go to Ann M. Martin.

 Additionally: I do NOT hate the series, they're actually a part of my childhood that I have always been very fond of so I snark with nostalgic love (and rage). The gist of snarks, for those of you who don't know, is that I essentially recap the book, adding in snarky comments and critiquing the book. Fair warning, this has lots of language. As snarks usually do. Here we go, folks.

This is book #41, so it should be a ghost-written book but the dedication says, "This book is in honor of the birth of Olivia Connett Swomley." I think this might be an Ann book, you guys!

Okay, so the back of the book reads: "Lately, Mary Anne's been feeling like she and Logan are spending too much time together. They fight over silly things. And Mary Anne never gets to do what she wants to - like read, and babysit, and be with her friends. But when Mary Anne suggests that she and Logan see less of each other, Logan takes it all the wrong way. Could this really be the end of Mary Anne and Logan?"

Why, oh why, does this make it sound like Mary Anne and Logan are in their late twenties and actually having an adult relationship? Mary Anne and Logan are THIRTEEN. I think (not sure) they may have even gotten together when they were twelve years old! Why is this being treated like it's an adult relationship, or even a more serious high school relationship (marrying your high school sweetheart does happen sometimes).

Now for the cover. 

The tagline is: "The Baby-sitters thought Mary Anne and Logan would be together forever

The tagline is: "The Baby-sitters thought Mary Anne and Logan would be together forever..." Oh, please. The picture on the cover is MA (dressed in a huge pink puffy winter jacket and matching pink beret) and Logan (dressed in a green puffy winter jacket and jeans) holding hands in front of a snowy winter scene. They're looking at each other and smiling lovingly. MA also has her hair in what looks like very loose pigtails. Didn't she ditch the whole pigtail thing after, like, the fourth book? MA's hand is also badly drawn and looks pinkish (is it a part of her coat or something?), while also being clenched in Logan's death grip. There's a vein popping out in his hand and everything. They also (surprise, surprise) do NOT look like thirteen year olds! They look AT LEAST seventeen, and probably even a little older. Why is it that the cover artists always fudge the ages?