5

Y/N POV

      I wake up earlier than Hermione. Resisting the urge to wake her and tell her she's slept in through her first class, I get up and pull on my robes. I brush my hair, grab my bag, and quietly head down to the Great Hall.

     It is still quite early so it's only a very small amount of students are up. I grab a slice of toast with jelly and open my Charms textbook. Soon enough, more students begin to shuffle in. The Gryffindor table remains particularly empty.

     "Why up so early y/n?" A voice says to my left. I look up from my book to a handsome boy with brown hair and yellow robes.

     "Good morning Cedric." He stands there for a moment awkwardly. "You can sit down silly," I say. He smiles and sits besides me.

      "Good holiday?" He asks, setting his books down on the table.

      "Yeah, I spent most of it at the Weasleys', how about you?"

      "Yeah, good. A bit boring."

      "You're an only child, right?" He nods solemnly.

      "I'm sorry, I bet holidays get boring."

      "Yeah, that's why I spend most Christmas holidays here with friends." He grabs a couple of grapes. "Anyway, can you believe everything about the Triwizard Tournament?" I close my book and give Cedric my full attention.

      "No! This has to be the most exciting thing to happen at Hogwarts in forever! I'm super excited for it! Fred and George want to figure out a way around the age restriction, even though I fully respect the age restriction. They wouldn't install it if it weren't for our safety." A small smile tugs at the corner of Cedrics mouth. "I wonder what Hogwarts students will be wanting to compete." I take a deep breath and then I remember something. "Wait, Cedric, you're a seventh year," he nods. "Are you going to compete?"

      "I'm not sure. It is dangerous and I don't think I would be chosen." I scoff.

      "Cedric, you're one of the most talented and popular boys here," he blushes a bit. "You'd definitely have a chance."

      "Yeah, you might be right." Cedric pauses and looks at my lips. My heart jumps. He lifts his hand to the corner of my mouth. "You have a little, uh, jelly." He chuckles and wipes it off. My skin tingles where his hand was.

     "That's embarrassing." I say and pick up a napkin and wipe my face again.

      "No no, it's very cute." Our eyes meet. He scratches the back of his head nervously. We both smile. What is going on?

       "Ahem." We both turn our heads to see Fred and George standing over us.

       "Fred, George. Morning." Cedric nods at them. The twins nod back. "I was just leaving. See you around y/n." He stands and with a smile, walks over to the Hufflepuff table. I bite my bottom lip and the twins sit down. George sits in front of me and Fred besides me.

      "Flirting with Diggory now huh?" George asks. I tear my eyes away from Cedric.

      "Sorry?"

      "He's stealing your girlfriend, Freddie!" George smirks. Fred puts his arm around me and looks back at Cedric.

      "As if!" Fred scoffs and kisses my hand. "Isn't that right darling?"

      "We were just talking." I pull my hand away from Fred. "We haven't talked to each other in a while so it was nice to catch up."

      "Catching up. Alrighty y/n." George winks at me. He loads potatoes onto a plate. "Looked a lot more than that! Both your faces were bright pink!"