Chapter 9: Revenge Plot

"Taylor, why haven't you been answering your phone? We've been worried sick about you!"

"Don't fret too much Taylor. Dear Alex's just exaggerating."

My head was pounding, and Alex and Roni's fight wasn't doing me any good. They've been trying to call me since lunch and I, being my moronic self, forgot my phone in my bag. It was on silent too. Somehow, I regret that I answered it now though. I was suppose to rest an hour ago but when these girls get talking, there's no stopping them.

"Guys can you lower your voices? My head's killing me." I murmur. Oh heavens please tell me they heard me. I cannot stand another minute of this.

"We're so sorry Taylor! We know you should be resting right now but we missed you! Liam hogged you all day."

"Roni meant 'took care', Taylor. And she's right. We just miss you too much. It's only been hours, but it feels like more than that."

"It feels like it's been days."

What did I do to deserve friends as good as these? Whatever deed it was, I'm glad it's been done. I wouldn't know what I'd do if they weren't with me through everything.

"You guys! You're gonna make my nose even runnier." I say with sirenity. What? That's me being sweet right there.

"Oh Taylor. Always the sweet one." -Roni

"What? I am trying you know."

"We know. We know. It's just that you're too adorable and again - even though I know I'm being overly redundant - we miss you!"

"Over and redundant in the same sentence? Wow Alex. That is what I call love." I quip. Being sweet truly is not my strong point. But you can't have it all right? I'd choose wicked math skills over this any day. At least that will get me to places.

"Whatevs Taylor. I've gotta go guys. Dad's here and we're having dinner." You could practically hear the smile from Roni's voice as she talked about her plans for the night. Even though they aren't that close, Roni loves her.dad to bits. I can tell her dad treats her as his whole life even though he's physically away most of the time. That is perhaps the explanation as to why they bond whenever Roni's dad is around.

Her father reminds me of my own, in that they love us even though they always seem so far away, and that they spend every moment at home trying to make it up to us.

"Bye Roni! Enjoy your father - daughter bonding!"

"Tell us about it tomorrow, kay?" - Alex

"Don't forget our slumber party!"

"Bye guys! Feel better first Taylor! Don't keep her up too late Alex!"

"Sure Roni-kins!"

And Roni was gone.

"How're you feeling right now Taylor? Any improvements? Or is it getting worse cause you're hearing my voice?" She chimed. Someone's in a good mood.

"The headache's dissapating, albeit slowly. And dare I ask why your voice can worsen my condition?"

"I find it the usual." By the usual I think she meant cute.

"I still love it anyways."

"Anything interesting happened away from school today? Did Liam do a good job of taking care of you? I'll punch him in the gut if he didn't." Oh Alex and her half-meant jokes.

"Don't fret Alex. Liam did a wonderful job. He fed and entertained me. But there was a little mishap involving the two of us and my mom."

"She's still convinced that the two of you should get married one day followed by another episode of 'Taylor's Dating Who?'."