5 | G O B A G

[3.20]

"i'll pick my bone with you tomorrow"

"Do you have a go-bag?"

Florence paused, having been in the middle of shoving an entire hash brown from McDonald's in her mouth. Morgan and Prentiss had appeared at her and Garcia's shared office, and the question came from Prentiss.

"A what bag?" she asked, though it came out very garbled as she didn't chew her breakfast.

Prentiss and Morgan shared a look, before turning back to her. "There's no time for you to go to your place and get one. We've got some FBI issued shirts and sweats in storage. I'll grab them and put them in a duffle bag. Morgan, hunt down Garcia and tell her we've got to go. Ren, follow me."

Florence, though confused, grabbed her phone and her backpack and swiftly followed Prentiss.

"Wait, what's happening?" she asked as Prentiss stopped at a closet and grabbed several different t-shirts with the FBI logo on them. Next were two pairs of sweatpants that looked a little big for Florence. They were both shoved into an FBI duffle bag.

"New York has a serial killer and Hotch wants you and Garcia with us there. We're being briefed on the plane," she explained before again hurrying off with Florence following her. "The hotel will have toiletries for you."

"B - but I'm just supposed to sit behind a computer screen," Florence stuttered out, taking the bag from Prentiss.

"And that's what you'll be doing there. It's not like Hotch is gonna hand you a badge and a gun and send you out in the field," Prentiss said, smiling. "It's just that there are some cases where it's more helpful to have you guys there and in New York's system."

Florence chewed her lip nervously, which Prentiss caught out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey," she said, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "It's just like a school field trip. It'll be fun."

"Why am I having a hard time believing you?"

|||

Florence looked around the private jet in awe, having never seen it before. There were cushioned seats and a whole couch. She saw a coffee maker in the back and Garcia had even told her the plane had an internet connection so that they wouldn't miss any incoming information for their cases. Florence dropped her bag and threw her body across the couch.

"You guys get this and I can't even get a chair with better lumbar support?" she asked, closing her eyes and relaxing.

"How come I only get to travel with you guys like once every 2 years?"  Garcia asked, walking past Florence and smiling down at her.

"Trust me, mama, It can get old," Morgan said, taking her bag for her.

"Oh, right," she chuckled. "Like the way that spa treatments in five-star hotels can get old?"