My Unexpected Journey

Have you seen the movie "The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey"? Bilbo Baggins was an ordinary hobbit who lived in his comfortable home and not bothered about the world. However, an unexpected journey led him to follow Gandalf the wizard and the dwarfs in an adventure to reclaim the dwarves homeland. He even had to pick up a sword for the very first time and engaged in battles. Eventually, he became the hero of the whole adventure.

I could really resonate with Bilbo Baggins as I was just an ordinary guy who started with nothing much. It seemed naturally for a single-parent child like me to just complete my basic education and just lead a normal life. However, looking back, the little achievement as a Cadet Inspector in VS NPCC, followed by the commissioning by the President to become an officer; and the appointment as a Head of Department in a school I spent 10 years in, it seemed like my life had already reached the climax.

After the departure of my beloved mum and finally accepting Christ, I heard this voice in me that God had already done whatever he needed to do with me in that school. The little voice in me told me that it was time to move out of my comfort zone for an unexpected journey ahead. I spoke to my Principal that I needed a change. It was a blessing from my Principal that he put me up for an interview at MOE HQ for a developmental post. I managed to clear that interview and, with God's guidance, I survived the two years in MOE HQ. I learned a lot during those two years and I also made a lot of wonderful friends.

Two years later, I left MOE HQ to join another school which I am currently teaching in. I thank God for sending me to this school where I can continue to live my passion as a teacher and to inspire many more with my heart and my story.

For the record, I no longer hate the man who killed my father.......

To God Be The Glory!