6

Author's note
This chapter is dedicated to LunaKertia for being one of the first to add this story to your reading list, and topsy411 for the correct guess and the truckload of support. Love you both.
Check out their books too please, they are amazing.❤️
Anyways on with the story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omega

Ford, what was that for? I question my wolf.

I was protecting mate. He says in a duh tone.

You do know that she doesn't know that she's our mate?

You're boring me. Goodbye.

He retreats to the back of my mind.
I know I'm being unreasonable. I should be happy that he took control when he did, if we hadn't shown up when we did, I don't even want to think about what could've happened to the princess. My princess.

The wolves that attacked her are being held prisoner in the dungeon. I recognized them on sight. Three of our own packmates attacked the princess without a second thought.
What makes me angrier is that they attacked her while she was vulnerable.

But I'm just glad that she's safe for now.

I continue sitting at the edge of my pond in wolf form.
My mind drifts off to sweet daydreams of my mate and I happy together.
It's like I can almost hear her lovely voice.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?"

My wolf ears perk up and my heartbeat quickens. Her intoxicating scent I can smell from miles away fills my nostrils.

She sits down next to me. I get up and circle her once, checking for injuries and wounds.

She sees what I am doing and chuckles. How I love it when she smiles.

"Don't worry, I'm fine now. I was given a potion and now I'm as fit as a fiddle!" She says.

I give her a wolfy grin and go back to my previous spot next to my mate.

She moves closer and wraps her arms around my neck. I lick her face and smile at her adoringly. Well, I can't exactly smile in wolf form, but let me just forget about logic right now and enjoy the tingles I get from her delicate touch.

"You know what we should do?" She asks after a few minutes of silence.

I blink at her.

"A sleepover! At my castle. With Darcy."

I think about it.

The last time I had been in that castle was the night King Aaron and Queen Aliyah, Chloe's parents, were poisoned. That day, Chloe, Kaden and I were busy flinging our food at each other under the table, so the only people who ate were the grown-ups. Those two really helped me with grieving my own parents and Chloe's parents treated me like their own son.

I look down at her beaming face. I can't disappoint that.

I will personally make sure you don't.

Okay, fine.

I nod my head at her. She lets go of me and does a little happy dance.

It's cute. She's cute.

She's ours.

Ford resurfaces and takes control of my - well, his - body.

I involuntarily jump up and yip like a puppy playing with it's owner.