Chapter 9 - Heart of cold.

Christa went home furious, sat at the desk of her computer, and began to write down her whole list of plans. It was another set, but she was more prepared. She wrote down 2 pages worth of notes within 30 minutes, then looked at Roc as he walked into her room.

“My mom thought that we had a child too soon, too.” Roc scoffed as he looked to the side. “She was pretty upset. Our family always had children while married, so she’s pretty upset.”

“I don’t think that it’s any of their buisness or any of my mom’s buisness on what we do.” Christa said as she continued to write.

“I agree.”

“Alright Roc.” Christa said as she put her notebook on her lap.

“You’re done.”

“Yeah. Here’s what we’re gonna do.” She said. “We’re gonna have to let Chad abuse Neveah for three days. I want her to have some fresh wounds so that I can take a picture, and make a time frame in my phone. I’m taking this shit to the police.”

“Yeah but how are we gonna get Neveah out of his house?” Roc asked. “He’s not gonna let us take her or even go anywhere near her.”

“You’ll see.”

Roc and Christa watched the blue sky drown into a glazed pink as they made a long trip back to Chad’s house. Christa informed Roc to stay in the car, as she walked onto his porch and knocked on his door. Another prostitute opened the door, and she looked like she was going to collapse from too much snorting of cocaine.

“Who a-are you?” She said stumbling and leaning on the door.

“Bitch, who are you?” Christa snapped.

“Mannie!” Chad said as he smoked his blunt, and smashed it into the astray as he made his way towards the front door. “Let me handle this.”

“Alright then.”

“Christa if you show up at my door again-“

“I came here because I think I forgot something in Neveah’s bag.” She lied.

“What do you think you forgot?” He snarled. “I’ll get it for you.”

“My gold diamond earrings.”

“You drove almost 45 minutes away for some earrings?!” Chad barked.

“Yeah they’re my favorite kind!” She snapped. “Now are you gonna get them or not?”

“Hold on, man.” He growled. “Damn..”

Christa watched him walk back inside of his home, then looked down at Neveah. She had on a one-zee, and she had her pacifier in her mouth, which mean that she’d been crying for a long time. Her eyes were droppy, and she’d been sniffing extremely hard. She walked slowly towards the front door holding her dora doll, and looked up at Christa in a sad way. No ‘mommy!’, no ‘Hi!’, nothing.

“Neveah, what’s wrong?” She asked as she kneeled down.

She looked on the side of her face, and seen a nice sized purple bruise on her neck. She looked at her hands, and she had small cuts on her fingers. Neveah was shaken up, and she pulled out her iphone, and took pictures of her fresh wounds. Christa was enraged. She lifted up and looked at Chad while she balled her fists up.

“There’s no earrings. Now you can leave.”

“You bastard!” She hollered as she wildly punched Chad in his chest. “I’m gonna kill you for hurting my niece! You sick sadistic bastard!”