Chapter 21: Secrets and spells

(A/N question time. What is y'alls favorite scene from season 2)

"We are heading to my moms old office, are you and scarlett in?" Elena asked me.

"Yeah. Are the salvatores coming?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she left my room after that.

I text scarlett and told her to get ready to go. I put on an oversized hoodie and a pair of jeans. Elena drove us over to the boarding house were I saw scarlet in a cropped Adidas shirt and a pair of shorts.

I ended up in Damon's car alone with alaric. We started our drive there and listened to music.

"What are we hoping to find?" I asked damon.

"Isobel and your mom worked together.  We are hoping to find clues on where they are," he told me.

"Also, we want to know more about werewolves since you and now possibly tyler are wolves," alaric told us.

"Okay. I mean damon says I'm not that bad on a full moon," I said to him.

"Only when I'm in there with you," damon said to me,"also your sister has a crush."

"I already called dibs," I mumbled.

"Not me. Caroline, shes been gazing lovingly at her the way you gaze at me," damon said.

"One. I dont gaze lovingly at you. Two, shes bisexual so it's not surprising, " I said to damon.

He rolled his eyes at my first comment but kept driving. When we finally arrived I approached my sister.

"So Caroline Forbes?" I teased.

"Shut up! Damon's such a traitor," she mumbled turning bright red.

"Hey, can I help you?" A lady asked approached us.

I know damon compelled her but I dont think it worked.

"Maam," I stopped her.

She turned to me. I repeated the same thing damon said but used a spell so she would actually do it.

"Why?" Damon asked me.

"Shes vervained. Watch your back," i warned him.

He nodded his head and we looked around. Scarlett used magic to force her to help us.

"Check this out!" Elena called us over.

"The curse sun and moon," I read.

"Damon, you're lucky your alive," scarlett said.

"A warewolf bite is deadly to a vampire," he read.

"I've never attacked you," I said.

"According to this you should have," alaric told us.

"Cameron why havent you killed damon?" Scarlett asked me.

"Pure dumb luck," I guessed.

"You're different when I'm in there with you," damon told me.

"Guys,  we are trying to find me and scarlets mom. Oh and Elena's to. Let's focus," I told them.

I knew why I never attacked damon. Even though he screwed up I still love him. I would never try to hurt him.

"All I'm getting is isobel is alive," elena said.

"That's more then we are getting about our mom," scarlet sighed.

"We will find her," I told her.

"We have to find her," she whispered,"I have to see her again."

I gave her a confused look but dropped it for now. After we went through everything we decided to head back. Alaric, however, jumped in the other car.

"Why have you never attacked me?" Damon demanded.

"Damon, why does it matter so much?" I sighed.

He pulled the car over and stopped.

"I'm not moving until you tell me why you havent attacked me," he said to me.

"That can change you know," I mumbled frustrated.

"Come on," he pushed.

"Becuase I love you," I said frustrated, "you have almost killed everyone I love more then once. You kissed katherine. I am constantly in danger becuase of you. Yet, i still love you!"

"Cam," he said softly.

"What?" I snapped.

"I love you to," he said,"I never felt bad about hurting people until I met you. You make me good."

"And you make me feel safe," I told him.

He smirked at me before bringing his hand up to my face. He leaned in and so did I. I wanted to be mad and push him away, but I couldnt. Our lips connected and everything felt right. We pulled away and connected our foreheads.

"Your mine Cameron. You. Not Katherine. You," he said.

I smiled then connected our lips once again. We pulled away and he started to drive again.

"This is not how I saw today going," I laughed.

"Me either," he said wearing a smile.

I love damon, there was no denying it.  I guess he loves me to. With that what could possibly go wrong?