Chapter one: A content lifestyle

The Genesis: Chapter 1

Luka’s POV

                I hurried down the alley, avoiding puddles and trash, as I reached my destination. As I got to the end of the alley I looked both ways and made a sharp left, running up the stairs to the room I was currently staying in.  I settled the groceries down and seated myself on the dusty floor. The room wasn’t much but it was cheap and had all the main necessities. It was a one room and one bath. The wallpaper was peeling off and the only piece of furniture was the bare mattress someone had left. In the corner to the left was a small kitchenette which I used to make my meals and to the right was a small bathroom. Although it wasn’t much I was happy. As a Genesis I had nothing. Even my body belonged to whoever had bought me, so this small and bare room could make me happy.

                Recently, I have been disguising myself as a high school student in Florida. I decided to attend a small high school named Washington and Lee. Although I am a student I don’t converse with the others. I learn and then return home, occasionally stopping at the market to restock on food. Although this life is lonely it is a huge improvement to my past experiences.

                Hearing my stomach growl I pushed myself up and headed towards the kitchen gathering a couple of items to make tonight’s meal.