CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I went back and everyone looked at me. They didn't seem mad or anything they just looked at me and went back to talking. Ming waddled over to me and I picked her up.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

It was night and they still weren't back yet, Sokka still didn't want to talk to me but that clearly didn't stop him from making jokes.

"It's late, do you think they're okay?" I asked.

"Don't worry," Toph said cleaning her ears. "They're probably on their way back right now. You're such a worry wart like your sister."

"Am not.." I replied and looked at her. "Look, I just think they should have been back by now."

"Miss your boyfriend?" She asked with a smirk and I blushed.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I hissed and sat down crossing my arms.

"That's not what your heart says, Lover girl." Toph chuckled.

"Not anymo- Oww!" Sokka rubbed his shoulder after I wacked him with the water.

"Look it doesn't matter what he is, we need them to beat the Firelord." I said and looked at the starry sky.

*・☪︎·̩͙

Today I went over to Sokka to talk to him but he continued to ignore me, he was even being a jerk by making me do extra things and being a pain in the butt by ruining things I did do.

"You know what, Sokka?!" I yelled after the last straw, then he nudged me making me drop the bubble of water over my head.

"What happened between Zuko and I, is the same thing that's happened between you and Mirai." I was done.

"Mirai, never tried to kill us!" He replied. "She was actually the opposite of that jerk!"

"That's not what I mean and you know that!" I snapped at him but softened up a little, this wasn't me feeling bad for him it was me feeling like I lost him.
"Out of everyone in this group, in our family. I thought you would be the one to understand."

I made the dragon of ice and rode it away tears stinging my eyes. I landed at Zuko's war balloon that he came in. Why am I so caught up in him!
I want to trust him, everytime I think that, my heart races. Fear takes over my body. I close my eyes but that only makes it worse, I get taken back to the crystal catacombs in Ba Sing Se. I sit down and stare up at the blue skies, afraid now to close my eyes until I calm down.

"Kaida." I heard and I quickly wipe my eyes. I didn't speak up but he sat next to me and I turned my head away. "I didn't know... I'm your older brother, I should have listened to you instead of snapping at you."
Yeah, you jerk.
"It's just...the last time I saw you, you wanted to come with us, I know you did but you also wanted to stay with that jerk. I wanted you to come with us too so when we heard you were in Ba Sing Se, I wanted to find you and have you come back."

"Sokka..."

"No, let me finish." He said and I looked at him. "When I saw what Zuko did to Aang, all I thought about was you getting hurt or worse."
I placed my hand on his shoulder. "We lost mom and I couldn't bare the thought of losing you. I mean you were there stopping Katara from scolding me and shooting all my idea's down. Oh no!"
He gasped and looked over at me. "I was acting the way Katara would have acted!"