Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“You ready to go?” Aiden asked me as he stood up and collected our dirty plates from the table and brought it to the sink.

I sighed, “I guess. Thanks for dinner, by the way. Even though you slab a meat of meat in the oven and dump barbecue sauce all over it, it was still yummy.”

Aiden pretended to look offended as he stood next to me and placed his hand over his heart.

“That hurts, Alex,” he pouted and I laughed.

I stood up and glanced at my watch. It was 6:30, so I have thirty more minutes until the game starts. Which means that if I want to be on time, I need to get in my car and hit the gas now.

“Let’s go,” I said and took Aiden’s arm as we walked out the door and towards Aiden’s mustang.

As he pulled out of the driveway, I turned on his radio and smiled when All Time Low’s “Lost In the Stereo” sang from the speakers.

“She works for the weekend, mix tape of her favorite bands,” I sang and Aiden laughed.

“Lost in the stereo sound,” he continued.

With that, we both sang with All Time Low during the ride to school. All Time Low rocks, and it just made me happier before the game. See? Now I’m in an upbeat mood before I squish my enemies to their death.

Aiden parked his car in the already packed lot and got out. There a feeling in the air, tension mixed with excitement that made my body tingled.

“Wow,” he breathed and I smiled.

Aiden took my hand and led me towards the locker room near the back. As we pass the field, I could see that the stands were already full of people, some were holding popcorns, sodas, and hot dogs.

“Makes us look like the NFL,” I commented and Aiden laughed.

“I know. But it’s going to be twice as big when we make it to the NFL,” he answered.

“You mean when you make it,” I smiled.

Aiden turned to look at me with raised eyebrows, “Alex, do you still want to play football after high school?”

“Of course,” I answered truthfully. I love football, it’s my passion, but I doubt my ability will get me anywhere after high school.

“But think about this Aiden. Who is going to sign a female football player into their teams? I’ll be a liability,” I shrugged.

He was about to protest when I covered his mouth with my hand.

“Drop it. I need to get dressed,” I told him, and he nodded his head reluctantly.

“I’ll be in the guy’s locker room,” he told me and I gave him a kiss before I headed towards the girl’s locker room.

Once I entered, I heard girl’s chatter everywhere. The locker room was like a girl’s mini club, I swear. They would undress and usually prance around for awhile, and then they put on makeup and whatnot. It was horrendous, but what the hell can I do about it?

“Hey, Alex,” some girls nodded at me and I smiled back.

To most, I was a jock, but also the girl who can kick their ass. But some genuinely like me for who I am, which is a girl who can play football as well the guys. It was nice, I guess, but a little weird.

I quickly when up to my locker, dialed in my combo, and opened the door. I undressed from my clothes and into my football jersey, tights, and paddings. Tying my hair into a small ponytail, I pulled my helmet to my head and ran out.