Chapter 59 (PART 1)

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Mommy, we're ready." I turned around from the counter and hung up the phone. "Ok, you got your backpack?" She nodded. "Did you remember to put your homework in it?" She paused before smirking. "I'll be right back!" She said, turning back around. "Alright, go to the car once you get your things, I'll be there in a minute." "Ok!" She yelled back as she ran back upstairs.

Once she was gone, I turned back to the counter and cut on my phone screen. I clicked on my call log and re-dialed August for the fifth time this morning. After his little escaping yesterday evening, he never came back home, leaving my mind to wonder to a million places.

I tapped my finger on the counter as his line rang in my ear repeatedly, before going to voicemail. I sighed and hung up the phone, shoving it deep in my pocket. He knows I hate it when he disappears on me, and this time without any type of reason. Everything has been going smoothly for the past three months so this was definetely unexpected.

I grab my keys off the counter and turned around, making my way out the house. Once again, here I was trying to take this kids to school and get myself to work on time. I stepped out the door, locking it behind myself before getting in the car.

"You guys got all your things?" I turned around and looked at AJ and Aliyah, who were in the backseat. "Yep, we're good." He said through his smile, that was missing a tooth in the front.

I chuckled and started up the car. "Miss Simone, do you know when my dad's coming home? He didn't even get to see my tooth come out last night." I softly sighed as I backed out of the gates.

"Im sorry he missed it AJ, but Im sure he'll be home later, and you can show him then, you saved it right?" He nodded. "Of course! It's a badge of honor." I smirked.

"Ew, that's gross." Aliyah added.

*******

"Alright, you have a good day alright?" I hugged and kissed Aliyah before sending her off into her classroom. Once she was out of my sight, I turned to AJ and smiled. "You ready?" He nodded his head yes.

I held out my hand for him to grab, and he automatically slipped it inside of mine. "Can we have chicken for dinner?" He asked, as we walked down the hallway together. I chuckled. "I'll see what I can do." He nodded.

Once we got to his classroom, I let go of his hand and bent down, kissing him on his forehead. "I'll see you later big head." He frowned and rubbed his head before running into his classroom. Once I seen him talking to his friend Tyson, I turned around and began making my way out of the school.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking to see if I had any missed calls froms August. I didn't want to assume the worst, but I couldn't help but worry. Half of me was scared and the other half of me was slightly upset that he left without telling me anything at all. Even if something did happen to him, I wouldn't even begin to know where to look.

**************

"Chile, why you keep starin at that damn phone every five seconds, you ain't got no friends besides me and Kerri." I sat my phone down on one of the little tables and sighed.

"Im a little worried, August didn't come home last night." Ellis frowned. "Come again?"

"..Yeah, he rushed out last night like an hour after we got back from Kerri's wedding, and didn't even tell me were he was going." He frowned. "I thought you and him was doing good?"

I nodded. "We are, I mean, we've been going to our counseling sessions, we're communitcating better and everything, I really don't know what's going on, and it's been bothering me since last night."