Chapter 2

"Oii HALEY! Over here!"

I saw Mark waving his hands wildly at me. Mark, he was my best friend. Even though I was a girl, we called each other bros. I ran over to him, me in baggy shorts and a top that was one size bigger. 

"Hi! How's the skateboarding going?" I called out excitedly. The place was nothing great. It was an old, run-down part of the town where I lived. But still, it was their meeting place for skateboarding.  I was the only girl there. The guys were trying to show off their skills by performing dangerous stunts.

Mark rushed over to me. "Hey guys! This is Haley. The girl who is better than all you freaks at skateboarding." he yelled. Everyone swiveled their head around to get a better view of me. I could feel all their gazes on me. One guy stepped out.

"Oh yeah? Then bring it on!" He punched his fist in the air, screaming while doing so. Everybody joined in the yelling, and I could hear them shout in unison, Bring it on, bring it on. I gave a smirk. Tossing my hair, I grabbed my skateboard and leapt up on the platform.

"What do you guys want me to do?" I asked, confident.

"First let's see if this chick can actually board." A voice came. I turned my head in the direction of the voice. I found myself looking straight at Zack. He had a smirk on his face. I felt my cheeks heat up. I knew I was going to blush. But somehow (I really don't know how I managed), I gathered myself. I rose to my full height, stepped on my board and let it carry me down the slope.

I went right to the end of the other side, did a double flip, dipped and landed. I kicked the board in my hands. I looked straight at Zack.

"So, can I board?" I asked, with a half-smile, All the boys started hooting. Zack grinned.

"Not before you do a 360 degree flip."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, you want it that way, don't you? Fine, 360 degree flip it is." Saying this, I leapt up on my skateboard and rushed down the slope again. Once I reached the highest point, I neatly performed a 360 degree flip and landed on the platform. I went down to the middle, and braked there. The boys hooted again. I smirked, knowing I had blown him.

"I know you're itching to say that I'm an amazing skateboarder." I said. Zack gave me a thumbs and walked away in the opposite direction.

"We'll see someday." He called out over his shoulder, grinning. I clenched my teeth in exasperation. The nerve of him.

A hand landed on my back.

"Nice moves, Hale." Mark said, cheerfully.

"Yeah, pretty cool man." a guy said, grabbing his water bottle. I turned around to face him. He was sipping water from his bottle. He stuck out a hand.

"Luke." I met his hand briefly.

"Haley." He gave me a grin and leaping on his skateboard, joined the rest of the guys. He was kinda cute.

Mark snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Lovestruck much Hales?" I punched him lightly in the arm. "You wish, Mark Loves Lena." We started walking away from the place.

"Seriously, Mark loves Lena? You could come up with nothing better? You're so dumb Hale."

"Can't help it. You dumbness must have rubbed on off me."

"Aww, shoo Honkey."

"Monkey."

"Shuttup."

For the rest of the way back home, we argued.

Next day when I woke up in the morning, I climbed out of the bed in a hurry. Shit, I'm going to get late again. As soon as my feet took my weight, I crumbled down on the floor. What the hell just happened?

Then I realized. My whole body was sore from yesterday's showing off. Crap. Why did I need to show off so much? Now I can't even get up. "DAAAADD! Help me!" I called out.

My dad came scurrying into the room, his eyes widening as he saw me in a crumpled heap on the floor, "Hale? What happened?" I groaned. "Nothing, Dad. Skateboarding from yesterday. Just real sore." My dad chuckled. "Understandable." He grasped a hold on me, and heaved me up on my feet. I swayed a bit, testing mysef.

"Yup, I'm good. Thanks Dad." 

He winked at me before leaving. "No worries kiddo. Keep skateboarding."

I sighed. School in this state. My eyes landed on the clock. I was going to be seriously late if I didn't hurry my ass up. I opened my cupboard. Nearly empty. Fuck, where were all my clothes?  "Nonnonon, this cannot be happening," I murmed under my breath."Dad! Where have all my clothes gone?!"  I called out loudly. I could hear him singing the kitchen as he cooked breakfast.

"What clothes?" his voice came cheerfully.

"My clothes!" I yelled, panicking.

"Do you mean all your clothes which were in the give away bag?"

What the heck?

I ran into the kitchen. "What give away bag?" I asked, my panic level slowly rising. "Oh, the black bag which we give away. Full of clothes which we do not want any longer. You know that Hale." he replied. Oh no. It hit me. I had taken one of the black bags used for giving away clothes, and filled it with all my clothes that had to be given to the laundry. I couldn't find any other bag, and it was the only big bag in the house. All that was left was some of my pajamas, and underclothes. 

"Fuck!" I cursed loudly. My dad looked up. "Haley Jones! No cursing in the house!" I gulped. "Sorry Dad." Saying this, I ran to my room. I had to take help from Zoe, my one and only friend who was an actual girl. Taking my  cell out of my pocket, I dialed her number.

"Hello?" Her voice rang out through the speaker.

"Zoe! I need help! I have no clothes to wear to school!" 

"Oooh, how?" she asked giggling.

"No time Zo. I'm coming over."

"Yay! I'm gonna dress you up!" she said, excited. 

I rolled my eyes. "Be there in 5." I grabbed my bag, and rushed out of my house, calling goodbye to dad. Her house was just around the corner. I reached there in two minutes, and rang her bell. Zoe opened the door almost immediately. 

"Haley! Come on in!" she screamed. As I walked into her huge house, I heard her saying something like, Oh my god, this is going to be so much fun.

Great. I'm dead. 

__________________________________________________________
Hey guys! This is my first story!

Vote/like/comment. Thanks :)