Chapter 12

Barry pulled out the clothes that Iris had picked out for him. A light blue dress shirt, a dark blue tie, and black dress pants. He put on the clothes and went into the bathroom to try and do his hair. He failed miserably and walked into Iris' room. She was doing her makeup, but stopped when she saw Barry's hair.

"Yeah I kind of need some help," Barry laughed.

"Come here. What were you trying to do?"

"Um...I honestly don't know,"

"Well that's not a good start. Let me see what I can do," Iris gestured to the chair.

Barry had been trying to do his hair for an hour, and Iris did it in 20 minutes.

"How did you do that so quickly?" Barry was amazed.

"YouTube," she answered, "Now I'm going to finish my makeup so shoo," Iris playfully pushed him out of the room.

"I'm going, I'm going," Barry walked into his room. Still 2 hours until prom started. Barry went over to his closet. He pulled out the box he kept hidden in the back and opened it and went through it until he found what he was looking for. Barry sat on his bed and carefully unfolded the note. It was the note Barry's mom had written for him before she left to stay in London for a couple weeks.

Dear Barry,

I know you miss me. I wish you could come on this trip with me, but you would probably be bored anyway. I promise that when I get back I'll tell you all about it. Be good for your dad. I love you very much and I'll be home soon.

Love,

Mom

It wasn't much, but it was the only note he had from her. He didn't know where all of his birthday cards had gone and she didn't usually leave him notes. Barry started crying. He'd tried not to think about how his parents weren't going to be there to watch him leave for prom. Or to watch him graduate. Or to send him off to college. Or to see him do anything of importance. Barry folded the note and walked to go put the box away.

"Aww. Poor Barry Allen. Missing your mommy?"

Barry turned around, "It's you, you're the one-the one who killed my mom. Wh-why are you here?"

The blur shoved Barry to the floor and stood over him. It lowered it's hand to Barry's chest, "I'm here to remind you that you will never have a normal life. You will live a life of fear and pain until I finally get to kill you."

"Why don't you just kill me now?"

"If only I could, but I still need you," the blur disappeared before Barry had a chance to say another word.