Chapter 23

YN POV

-Okay. Lets make a long story short because I really dont want to get into details about how my parents viewing or funeral went. Lets just say, it was even harder saying goodbye. I mean, it was hard enough for me, but my girls. Oh my goodness they broke down. Yonna, our backbone, it took everything in me not to slap her. Prod practically had to get on his knees and beg her to even come to the funeral. She still isnt talking to anybody and I leave in 2 days. There were a lot of people at their funeral. Even the mayor came and paid his respects.  I mean, it felt good to know that they were so loved. I cant even remember what everyone was saying to me after the funeral. I just wanted to get far away from that place as possible. I wouldn't let Ray leave my side. He's lucky I couldnt go to the bathroom with him cause I probably would have. I cant help but feel like im getting on his nerves, following him around like a little lost puppy. But with the boys all around comforting the girls, I really didnt have anyone to turn to or be around. Everyone was just in their own little world and how could I blame them. I was too. We were all close to my parents. Keisha and my mom were so inseperable. They literally talked all day every day. It's crazy, that one little night at the concert, would turn into all of this. I am very thankful though. Im so happy my daddy got the chance to see me feel the way he made my mom feel at an early age. I'm so happy they approve of Ray. I thank God for the time I had with them. It may not have been as long as I would have liked, but it's something. Some kids dont even get that, there are many children who dont even have parents and I cant help but feel like I took that for granted. One thing I've learned through this whole thing is, Life is definitely too short. My parents were young. They had me young. I want to make them proud. I have to. 

Its the day after the funeral, I woke up at 6 am. and texted Yonna

Yn- lets go for a walk
Yonna- have you been asleep?
Yn- yes, but I know you havent. Come one. No one will ever miss us. 
Yonna- putting on my shoes now. Meet me in the hall
Yn- will do

I put on a pair of pajama pants and my shoes, grabbed my key and headed out the door. Yonna was standing beside the door. I grabbed her hand and we headed down the elevator and outside. The first couple of minutes were silent and awkward.

Yonna- YN, I apologize for the way I acted yesterday. 

Yn- it's fine Yonna. I understand. What I dont understand is why you aren't talking to anyone.

Yonna- I dont know. I just dont have anything to say.

Yn- well shutting us out is not the problem. Trust me. You need to talk to someone. 

Yonna- I know. I just miss them

Yn- I miss them too Yon, but do you think they'd want us moping around, crying and not talking or eating? Especially YOU. not talking AND eating? yea they wouldnt want that.

Yonna- *laughs* I know. 

Yn- Yon, I leave tomorrow night. We need to spend all the time we can with each other. That means you talking and telling us what to do.

Yonna- I get it. I get it. 

Yn- How about we all get out and go somewhere today. Like six flags or somewhere. I wanna have fun! get this out my mind! 

Yonna- I mean, I dont think it'll be a problem. We all need a good time right now. 

Yn- now that, we do. 

We finished walking and talking and went back to the hotel. We got into my room to Niya putting on her shoes.

Yonna- where you off to?

Niya- SHIT! *she jumped* you scared me! hold up. *she looks at Yonna* you decided to speak? 

Yonna- bitch shut up. *she smiled* where are you going? 

Niya- she's backkk! *hugs Yonna* I was about to run down every hallway screaming YN's name. I wake up and she's gone come to find out, you kidnapped her. 

Yn- I'm fine. Why you up so early?

Niya- and again I say, I wake up and you're gone. 

Yn- I went for a walk with Yonna. Thats all. *knock at the door and Yonna answers and Ash rushes right past her*

Ash- hey Yon (not realizing she walked past Yonna) Niya, you seen Yonna? I wake up and she's not there. (panicking)

Yn- Ash! calm down girl....

Ash- WHAT DO YOU MEAN CALM DO- *yonna cuts her off*

Yonna- "hey Yon"

-we all laughed-

Ash- girl, dont scare me like that again! Where you been?!

Yonna- I went for a walk with Yn. 

Ash- next time wake a bitch up and let me know please! Girl I was ready to round up a search party. 

Yonna- girl I'm fine. But check this out. Since Yn leaves tomorrow night, we thought we should go to six flags or something. To just relax and have a good time and try to think about other stuff. How does that sound?

Niya- sounds good to me

Ash- me too. Lets do it. 

Yonna- okay, we'll wait until everyone else wakes up and run it by them. I'm sure they'll be down. We all need to get out.

Yn- The boy's moms are gonna wanna shop. They havent had a chance to go yet and you know how much they love to shop.

Niya- they can go and shop. Thats their therapy anyway. 

Yn- true. 

-We sit and chat for a good 3 hours, just like old times. Then the boys started waking up one by one. We just all sat and talked while they all joined the conversation. Next thing you know, their parents and Walter and Keisha were also in the room. We told them what we came up with and they were all down and just like I said, the moms decided to go shopping and meet up with us later on during the day but if I know them like I think I do, they'll be there until the malls close. We all got up and got dressed and ready to go. We all piled into the van and headed to six flags. We passed the accident site and honked and cheered while passing it. It felt so good and we even heard a few other honks from other cars. That made me smile. I looked at Ray who was holding my hand tight and smiled. I guess I'm more than ready to go to Cali. I'll be with my baby. :) He seems so much more, grown up since the accident. I dont know why, like that made him mature a little bit. Don't get me wrong, he's always been mature, I.. I cant explain it. I see him doing a lot of what he's seen my dad do for my mom, like opening doors, taking her jacket, pulling our chairs. Little stuff like that and it means a lot that he's trying to treat me like my dad did my mom. But he's gotta realize, he's not my dad and I'm not my mom. But hey, i'm not complaining not one bit. But enough of that. Its time to turn all the way up!-

guys im so sorry its short. im trying to update daily now, thank you guys SOO much for the motivation. I dont care if there's only 2 of you reading. If you want me to keep  writing, I will. I apologize for not updating in so long. I sorta lost my inspiration for these stories but im working hard! Thank you all for the feedback! I read each and every comment and I appreciate everything! Until next time... I hope you all enjoy !