twenty seven

Athenas karambit, aka Luci★彡

THIRD PERSON POV.

Nicolo Ferrari held his now sleeping daughter in his arms.

He looked at his sons with regret filled eyes, seeing the same emotions reflect through theirs.

"We may have not have been there, but we're here now. Do not beat yourselves up over something you couldn't control." He whispers.

A lesson he had learned long ago: self blame gets you no where.

"Now get some sleep it's 3 am, we'll talk later and if it wasn't obvious you guys aren't going to school tomorrow." Nicolo stood from his arm chair, sleeping Athena still in his arms and took her to her room.

As he tried to lay her down, her grip tightened on his shirt sleeve. He looked down at his daughter to see if she was awake,

She wasn't.

Adorable.

Laying down next to her when realizing he wasn't getting out of her grip, Nicolo fell asleep too.

It was currently 1pm when Giovanni had joined his other brothers in the kitchen.

Their father and Athena were still knocked out, and Adriano thought they should have a 'brother's talk.'

"Demitri did you find that boy." Giovanni started the conversation,

"Maddox? No. But I will, sooner or later. He won't be alive for much longer when we do."

The four went into silence.

"Do you think we failed her?" Adriano asked. He was drowning in self guilt already, believing that he should've been there for their Sorella.

"No, although we weren't there to keep her from those experiences. She was able to take care of herself even if she shouldn't have had too. We can't let the guilt of something in the past affect our future." Demitri walked over and gave Adriano a hug, a very rare gesture coming from him.

But Demi was silently assuring Adriano he, and the rest of the brothers, were there.

"Good morning guys." A tired Athena stumbled in the kitchen, yawning as she stretched widely.

Looking around at her siblings she laughed. "Well shit did I miss a family meeting? I could've sworn Adriano planned that for Thursday." She tapped her jaw as if she was thinking and looked down at an imaginary watch on her wrist.

ATHENAS POV.

I saw how Adriano looked sad when I walked in, and knowing him I couldn't let him feel guilty

So I made him laugh.

"What do you want for breakfast boys?" I asked as I walked towards the fridge ready to grab ingredients when I was suddenly picked up and sat in a stool.

"Nope your not cooking anything, that's my job." Adriano started grabbing eggs and bacon.

"I want to help!" It may seem childish but I didn't want them to treat me like glass after last night.