Chapter 1 - The Capricorns

And they were born into this world as children from the stars to lead the lives of the humans...

He was calling her again... the stubborn man would not leave her alone...ever since she came into her powers, discovered who she really was, and her true calling, he'd decided to take it upon himself to be her guardian, as if she needed one. Like him, she was a Capricorn and also like him she was a leader, she led the female zodiacs as he led the males, but "Mr. I Think I'm The King Of The World" also wanted to rule over her. All the zodiac men were after her in some form or another. After all, whoever mated with the leader of the zodiac became very powerful. She couldn't understand why Mr. Kenrick Underwood wanted more power when he practically ruled over the gigantic city she and the other zodiacs were currently living in. He was a Capricorn male in his prime and a powerful business tycoon. He owned nearly every business in the city. She truly got tired of his seeing his name attached to almost every building she entered. He was in search of a life mate just like the other male zodiacs and thought since they were the same signs that she'd fall willingly in his arms.

Kathryn Giloduti didn't want to fall willingly in any man's arms. She enjoyed being single and independent. Her organic garden business was booming. She had a beautiful house outside the city limits that was surrounded by a massive garden she grew by herself (thanks to her new found powers) and she sold her flowers and fruit and vegetables for well over the normal price because they were basking with vivid colors and healthy nutrition. No chemicals were used to grow them, they were pure and from the earth's rich soil. Anyone who ate her fruits and vegetables immediately felt better. Her business was in such high demand that's she'd opened at least ten stores in the city and hundreds in the state of California. So no, she had no need for a man to boss her around and tell her what to do. At the age of 25, she was doing quite well on her own, but the zodiac men would not give up on her rejection of them.

Some of the zodiac men were so difficult to deal with. The Taurus stubbornly tried to dominate her. The Virgo nagged her to death. The Scorpio kept stalking her. The Aries kept aggressively pursuing her. The Leo thought she should bow down and worship his awesomeness. The other zodiac men weren't as aggressive or dominating, but they were just as annoying in their own way to her and her girls.

She never asked to be the leader of the zodiacs. Her life had taken a strange turn on her 24th birthday. She was once an ordinary person pushing through life and trying to get her business going, which she started very young at 21 and suddenly on 24th birthday, her entire body lit up and her soul was swept away through her tiny apartment and into the heavens where the planets and the stars spoke to her. For a time, she thought she was finally having that nervous breakdown from working too hard and woke up later thinking it was a dream, until her powers began to show and strange people who were the other zodiacs began to appear at her door.

She was a Capricorn, one of the most stable and logic of the zodiacs or so the stars told her. She was loyal, a true friend, and a true leader, and once given the responsibility to lead, they knew she would take it seriously, which she did because it was in her nature. She was supposed to guide the other zodiacs, support them in some way, and also watch over the humans on earth that were born under the earth signs. All the zodiacs had a responsibility to inspire, protect, and guide the humans who were born under their signs. She was supposed to keep things in order and running smoothly which was proved more difficult than she thought since she was still getting to know the personalities of the other signs. There was just so many of them and even though the male and females were born under the same zodiacs, they were still different from each other. An Aries woman didn't act exactly like her Aries male partner. They all had their slight differences.

The phone continued to ring until she finally picked it up knowing if she didn't, he'd appear in her home and scare the crap out of her.

"Yes, Mr. Underwood. How can I help you today?"