One

Keanu sighed. He didn't understand why he was here or why these people kept staring at him.  The room was various shades of dull, a grey wall here, a dirty white table there.  Whoever had decorated this place led a very sad life, Keanu decided.  Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Keanu wondered again why what felt like a thousand eyes were on him like he was an exotic animal.

People's couches catch fire all the time.  Okay that was a lie, but spontaneous combustion was a thing, he'd looked it up.  Keanu's discomfort was getting worse and he feared it had begun to show.  He thought briefly about getting up to stretch so that he could release some of the adrenaline that was beggining to build up but dismissed the idea.  The thought of those eyes watching him suspiciously as he rose was enough to cull any need to rise.  Suddenly, a soft heat began to form, starting in his fingertips then travelling to Keanu's palms, getting warmer and warmer.  Stifiling a gasp, Keanu tried to stop the growing heat using sheer force of will.

"Shit," he cursed to himself, "Not here, please not here..."

"Keanu?"

The voice startled him but he let out a relieved breath when he realised it belonged to a friend.

"Anne!" He exclaimed, trying his best to hide his burning hands which were already beginning to glow.  But nothing could escape her eagle eye, a fact Keanu both admired and found bitterly annoying.  Anne's keen eyes narrowed.

"Are you crazy? Stop it!" She commanded in a hushed voice.

"Oh wouldn't that he convenient?" Keanu replied sarcastically in the same low tone, "If I could just turn this thing off at will!"

Anne glared at him.  She hated sarcasm.

"Well you better try or I swear to God I will find a bucket of ice to throw down your pants!  Give these creeps something to really look at," She added irritably.

As the warmth began to turn into white heat, it took all of Keanu's willpower not to panic.  The only thing he could think of to do was pray and then pray that praying worked.

"Keanu..." Anne sounded nervous.

He was beginning to catch fire again, he could feel it, and once he was alight, there was no telling what would happen. 

Just like with the couch.

"We...need to...leave...now."

Keanu was surprised at how strained his voice sounded but in that moment, he didn't care because if they didn't get out of there, this room and all of its dullness was going up in flames...