Escape at the Dawn

It was very early in the morning, at the crack of dawn. The sun just starting to rise for the day to begin. A light mist surrounds a large mansion in the woods. The building was light grey in color, the windows dark, for no light was shown. All of them except for the one at the very top, the attic, though it was very dim. The door to the window opens, revealing a figure wearing a black hoodie, the hood covering most of their face. They also wore a dark grey backpack on their back, filled with all the essentials they need. They look around the area, making sure there's not a soul in sight. Then, they lowered a rope made up of pillow cases and blankets. Once it reaches the ground, the figure climbs down the rope, being as quiet as they possibly can. They reach the ground, their hooved feet lightly scraping the pebbled ground below them. Once they were on the ground safely, they look back up and they see a blue dragon, wearing a purple collar, looking down at them with his yellow eyes, whimpering quietly at them.

"Okay, come on Brutus, jump down" the figure said to the dragon, their voice revealing to be female. Brutus whimpers again, feeling very scared to do such an act. "It's okay, boy, I'll catch you" the figure said, lending her arms out to the frighten dragon. Brutus was hesitant, but he musters up the courage to do it. He jumps out from the window and lands right into the figure's arms. She struggled a bit with her stance, considering the dragon was a bit heavy, but she managed to keep her footing. "Oof, you really got to lay down on the steak bites" she whispers, placing her pet down on the ground. She straightens her hoodie and looks around again. She still doesn't see anyone around. "Let's go, boy, and keep quiet, okay" she said to him, walking away from the mansion, with the dragon walking right beside her.

They walked as quietly as they could to the main gate. The girl can see that it is locked, when she tried to tug at it. She sees the lock on the other side of the gate, so she gets a paperclip out from her hoodie pocket and she starts picking the lock. While she did that, Brutus looks back to make sure that they weren't followed or nobody was out and about. Picking the lock was a bit noisy, but it wasn't enough to wake anyone up. Then, after about a minute, she finally manages to open the lock. "Ah ah, bingo" she said, tucking the paperclip back in her pocket. She opens the gate, though when she did, a loud squeaky, screeching sound was heard, causing the other dragons that lived at the mansion to start barking wildly. Brutus whimpers as the girl mutters an "oh crud" under her breath. She opens it a little more, enough for her and her dragon to get out. "Okay, come on, Brutus, lets go" she whispers to him as they get out through the gate. "Hey, what's going on out there?!" the girl hears someone say. She quickly closes the gate back up and they hurriedly ran to the forest. "Let's go, boy" she said as they ran as fast as they could, away from the mansion they once called home.