In Which a Demigod Faces the Wrath of a Witch

Within a few days, Ron found himself all geared up and standing in the dueling field. A large group of demigods were also assembled in the field. Chiron stood in the front, saying, "Welcome to this week's game of Capture the Flag. Unlike last week's game, where Mr. Dionysus made it OK for you kids to play rough, I won't tolerate any actual fighting. Now, Luke and Annabeth will be choosing teams..."

Ron said to Jacquelyn, "I don't like the looks of this. What if one of us gets hurt?"

"Oh, you're such a big baby," Jacquelyn snapped at him. "Stop being so dramatic."

"Besides, no one actually gets killed during Capture the Flag," said Grover. "You're going to be fine."

Chiron said, "This time, I want a clean match. First team to make it back here with the opposite team's flag wins."

Percy said, "You're going to put me on your team, right?"

"Not if HE comes," Annabeth snapped at him.

"Well, in that case, I'll take him," said Luke. "Prepare to lose, wise one."

"Bring it on," Annabeth snarled at him.

Luke said to Jacquelyn and Ron, "How's about we crush those disbelievers?"

Within a few minutes, the game began, with both teams charging into the field of battle. Ron said, "I usually play Quidditch. Not this."

"What's Quidditch?" Luke asked.

"Please don't ask," Jacquelyn snapped at him.

The flag was right in front of them, and Percy was standing in front of it. Luke said, "Athena may be the goddess of wisdom, but Hermes can do just as much damage as she does. You'll see once I have my plans in front of me."

Percy spotted him and said, "Not this time, Luke! This time, I will stop you!"

"Not if I get you first!" Luke shouted back. He and Percy pounced on each other and fought as Jacquelyn and Ron went to get the flag. Percy threw Luke to the side as Ron ducked behind the tree, dropping the flag.

He ran to Luke and said, "Now how are we going to win?"

"I'm not sure," said Luke. "Percy's pretty tough to beat."

"Indeed," said Ron.

Within a few moments, Jacquelyn rushed by them, shouting, "I have the flag; let's get out of here!"

"How did she do that?" Ron wondered to himself.

"No time to stand," said Luke. "Let's go!" To Jacquelyn, he said, "How did you do that?"

"Oh, I have my ways," Jacquelyn smiled at him.

Percy said to Annabeth, "I can't believe it! One minute I had the flag in my hands, and then the next minute, it was gone. How did that happen?"

"Luke," said Annabeth. "He always does stuff like that."

"But Luke didn't kiss me," said Percy. "I bet she did."

"Indeed," said Annabeth. "I'm going to head them off."

She ran to the River Styx, where her team was having a difficult time trying to capture the flag from Luke's team. Ron noticed her and said, "I think we should give her the flag now."

"Are you nuts?" Luke yelled as he glared at him. "This is Capture the Flag! The trick is to steal the other team's flag, not take it and then give it back! What planet did you come from?"

"Give it up, Luke," said Annabeth. "I know you used her to take the flag from Percy!"

"Ask nicely and I'll go easy on you," Jacquelyn smiled.