Little red book

Your Pov:

Grandma: " I know this isn't the right time, but.....I found this book while we were in town. I thaught you might be interested. And since you don't have your phone to read from, this could keep you busy."

She handed me a red book with gold lettering on the front. I didn't really pay attention to it, and shoved it in my pocket.

" Thanks Grandma"

Grandma: " No problem sweetheart."

I trugded my depressed ass back into the house, ready to be cussed out again.......but it never came.

Dad: "Sorry about exploding back there."

"mmhmmm"

Dad: "Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to show me some of your anime stuff?"

"sure"

Did he really want to watch anime? I dought it. Did he really think everything was fine and dandy now? I can't beleive him! Let's just get this over with. I think I'll put on an anime he won't like at all. Knowing him, being his redneck conservative self, he definately won't like death note.

"Does Death Note sound cool to you?"

Dad:" I guess? Whatever you want."

I got out my laptop and set it on the table to get the netflix logged in. I really hope this works and he doesn't actually get into anime.

Dad: "Why don't we watch it upstairs?"

"I guess."

We headed upstairs and watched a couple of episodes of Death Note. I think he was getting into it. I had to stop him before he went down the weeb rabbit hole.

"Hey dad"

Dad: "What?"

"I have an assignment to do still.....sooooo I'm gonna need my computer."

Dad: "Can we watch more later?"

"I guess"

After that I headed down stairs to read on my computer in the game room. Eventually I went through all of the stories I had saved. 'What am I supposed to do now? I need the restroom too.' I got up and started towards the door when I heard a kind of  "plop" sound. I turned around and there it was, the little red book my grandma gave me. 'Might as well read it'

I spent 30 minutes reading that book. It was way better than any other fairy tale stroy. It was amazing. So far my favorite character was hoggle. He's quite funny if you ask me. And the goblin king, I wonder if he's cute?