Pilot chapter

"TRAIN!"
You hurried as a zombie nearly got ahold of grey's foot, just missing him by the underground train, gripping onto his wrist as you pulled him up.

You sigh in relief as your friend grips on to your arm as you both watch the train zoom by. You let go of grey's wrist and grabbed his shoulders, looking him up and down quickly checking him for any bites or marks.
"Be more carful dumb ass! "
you say, yelling as you let go of his shoulders and pushed him a bit.

You always got annoyed with grey over silly things like this. He was never carful and never acted quickly to situations like these.

Grey laughs as he walks up the debris filled train station stairs. "Kaiya you worry to much" you laugh a bit about his gesture. You hold your head high, looking out for any zombies or *creatures*

"We could head to the store to grab Materials" Grey exclaimed softly and looking at you. You put your hands in the pockets of the black jeans you had, they where ripped on the knees and towards the bottoms.

You look notably to the end of the street squinting at the suns light, you grabbed grey and slid him and yourself into a small alley way. "Kaiya what the hell-" you cut him off by your hand. You took sign language since your little brother is deaf, you signed "creatures" to grey and he nodded.

You held onto your beaten up bat and slammed your eyes shut, praying you didn't get seen. Suddenly you and grey were picked up by a creature with its long boney hands. "grey catch!" You yelled at grey throwing him the bat. He was closer to the creature than you so grey hit the creature.

"Shit!" You and grey yelled as it dropped you letting out a horrible screech. You scurried off the ground and grabbed grey by the arm. You both ran for what seemed like an hour to the boat docks.

"Great going kiaya! We can't go anywhere!" Grey said pulling his arm from your grip. The docks were empty and quiet. You stomped your foot on the wooden boards and let out a groan. The boards broke under both of you and dropped into the waters. A small boat then pulled in and stopped in front of you. You and grey climbed in. The boatmen was a tall man with a dark brown beard. He looked at least thirty to thirty five, his coat was soggy and covered in dirt.

You smiled

"Thank you sir" you said bowing, a way to greet new people as parents would usually teach their children here. The boatmen nodded and smiled. He looked at grey then pounced onto you, grabbing at yours arms to pin you down. You struggled to get away as grey grabbed the bat.

"Agh!"

To be continued...

•_________________________•
Dictionary
If a word has ** around it, you can find the definition to it here
•_________________________•
*creatures*
Very long and skinny shadowy inky characters, known for having very long fingers, rough steps, and no face.
They make horrible screeching sounds even without a mouth. They can also feel pain.
If they grab you, your good as dead