Epilogue

Being dead isn't as bad as one would think. Especially since he had a tether keeping him aware. It was like Grant was still alive just Stronger and the addition to some weird powers. Like walking through walls and hovering if he pleased. He did miss the taste of food but hey you win some you lose some. When he had died he thought that he would never get another chance to see his father again or Corania. But when he woke up to a strange place that looked like a town that had been flipped upside down and everyone was well alive but dead. Had him questioning if this was the afterlife.

What he came to discover was that when some people died they moved on and others stayed on a plane that was placed beside the 'living' world. Call him what you want a ghost or spirit or ghoul. The closest thing he could compare it to was the movie beetle juice. Except he didn't get a handbook or caseworker who could guide him through his afterlife.

Surprising the SFBI was able to explain to them, himself and Corania that humans were capable of seeing the dead. But only those who were gifted. Corania had not been born with the sight but her father had given it to her and also her brush with death had made Corania a powerful bridge. A bridge was a person who was able to connect with the other side and see and talk with ghosts. Grant didn't want to get too much into it but with the help of the SFBI Grant was able to live among the living with the aid of Corania since she was his tether. Unlike Vampire and other supernatural beings, A ghost tether was similar to a mate. A tether was very important to a ghost and some bridges and ghost partners could form romantical partnerships or just sibling connections. Grant understood that sadly Corania was an original mate to a vampire that could never be changed. But she could be bonded to Grant as well. It was a complicated relationship.After Corania had gone to the hospital and had received medical attention. They had a roller coaster of emotions spilling out of them. They both had to figure out what being a ghost was all about. And Corania had to deal with becoming a bridge and seeing ghosts. Surprisingly the SFBI was very helpful they shared everything they could with them. The director was a strong and passionate lady and she became very close with Corania and offered them positions in the organization.

They both accepted and spent their time documenting their connection as partners and also speaking with other bridges and their ghosts. It was like a weird family. Surprising a witch was able to create a ring for Grant that allowed him to be solid around humans so he could touch and speak to others. But Corania was also a part of that since her blood had to be infused in said ring.

"Grant, are you ready to go, you know how your father gets when you're late. And My mom is downstairs too." Corania said as she walked behind Grant and smiled wrapping her arms around him and kissing his cheek.

Both of their parents had, had a hard time wrapping their heads around what their children had gone through. But they both understood that they could only support them through the journey. Grant's father had been a huge donor to the SFBI and backed it with as much money as they needed. Grant had also taken over his father's company and under his hand, the company had become a billion-dollar company and growing. Corania had found her calling in doing supernatural research and documenting anything she could. She was finally the writer she wanted to be. Cornea wanted any person who was mated to a supernatural being to be prepared and well informed unlike she was.

Some nights when Grant slept beside her she cried and he hoped that he didn't hear her. Her heart would always be spilled in two. One half for Grant and the other for Clay. She felt him out there always close but never coming to close. She wondered if it was because he knew now that A year later she wasn't that scared women that had entered that cursed town. She was smarter and had her own sense of the world that he had trusted her into.

 Corania hoped was that he was giving her space and like she was growing so was he. She hoped that Clay would understand that she needed him to be better. Because that's what she deserved. She would not give up Grant and if he couldn't understand that then he had no hope of ever having a chance with her. Corania wasn't naive to think that Clay would just go away and leave her, she knew it wasn't possible for him that they were connected by souls. But unlike him, her soul was meant for two. Every night the pain in her chest lessen and her heart told her that everything would be okay.

Grant turned around and looked into her beautiful brown eyes and leaned over and placed his lips on hers. "Whatever the future holds I plan to be right beside you my heart," he whispered while cradling her face.

"I know... that you and him are connected and I won't ask you to choose. This new world that we have found ourselves in isn't just black and white. And if that means that I have to live in the grey to be with you I don't care. I love You." Grant expressed his words and said nothing but the truth.

Corania felt the weight of her worry lift from her shoulders at Grant acceptance and smiled. She couldn't have asked for a more caring man. Hugging him tightly she laughed and nodded. Parting they held hands and made their way downstairs so they could have dinner with their family. Corania now had hope and she hoped that like Grant Clay could join them in this happiness. 

AUTHOR NOTE:  I am so happy that this story has come to an end. I left the ending on an open note because you will see Corania and Clay again. Maybe in a sequel, but you will see them again in another Novel. 

What would you guys like to see next? give some suggestion and  maybe some book ideas.