Riptide

❝ My love for him was like a riptide- a strong current leading into the catastrophic disturbance of both of our lives.❞

Asher has really done it now-

Sick of his rural life in Alaska, his dream to live in the city of big lights is seemingly crushed when he lands himself in the town jail- the exact place he was trying to get away from. Technically, it wasn't even his fault that he was in jail, it was his dim-witted, testosterone driven friend who did it.

Regardless of whose fault it is, Asher is stuck in jail until who knows when. When the sheriff proposes the ultimatum of working off his debt by helping the family living a few miles away or stay and rot in jail until he is released, the opportunity to leave is too good for Asher to pass up.

Rosemary Patterson doesn’t have time to worry about the man that the sheriff says will help her. She’s gotten along taking care of her two younger siblings without her parents just fine—that is until a tree lands on her house from an Alaskan blizzard.

Asher’s plan to spend his Christmas month working off his debt before booking a plane ticket straight out of this hell hole is simple until he meets Rosemary.

Even though Asher seems to have no recollection of ever meeting her before, Rose remembers him all too well.

This time, Rose is determined to guard her heart better than she did two years ago after that incident with Asher. The fact that Asher doesn’t remember her shouldn't even bother her, it will only help her move on from the past- at least that's what she tells herself.

Besides, if he didn't even remember her as the girl whose heart he broke, how hard could it be to not have a repeat?

Bright Lights

by-foreverpurple1000