All the Good Girls Go to Hell

"Where is Lilith?" Zelda Spellman tried to keep her voice from wavering but she was reeling from the shock of seeing Lucifer on the throne. She and Lilith had meticulously crafted a plan to capture both Lucifer and Blackwood, their bodies trapped in Damascus steel coffins deep within graves in the Spellman's cemetery, and their spirits banished to the Nine Circles of Hell to be tormented by Batibat for the rest of eternity.

"Ah well, my darling Lilith finally came to her senses and realized that I am the only true ruler of Hell. She's freed me from the Circles of Hell and restored me to my rightful place." Lucifer's teeth dripped with blood and his horns and hooves shone in the firelight, his mortal body was still trapped in the coffin, and so he could present himself as nothing less than the Beast he truly was.

The battle with Abyzou, a demon Lilith had ancient history with, had further exasperated Lilith's fugue state and as the woods burned to the ground, the Queen of Hell had remembered that Lucifer was somewhere in the Nine Circles of Hell. Zelda shuddered, she had been the one to tell Lilith about Lucifer but she hasn't explained the body buried in the cemetery and because Lilith couldn't remember anything about her time in Greendale, she didn't know to free him from the coffin. Zelda understood that the Dark Lord's powers would be split between his form in Hell and his body in the ground and he would not gain full power until both had been reunited.

"I want to see my daughter." The Dark Lord snarled at Zelda.

The redheaded witch's eyes flickered to Sabrina, whom she was trying to ignore lest Lucifer use her to get back at Zelda. "I don't have her."

The Dark Lord roared, springing to his feet and rushed upon Zelda, crushing her throat with his clawed hand; "Where is she?!"

Feeling for her athame, Zelda let the blade slide down into the palm of her hand as she shook her head, "I....the demon Abyzou...." Hearing a familiar name, knowing the history between Lilith and Abyzou, Lucifer lightened his grip. "...she stole the babe on the night of her naming ceremony. I was coming to find Lilith so that we could go search for her."

With another roar, Lucifer tossed Zelda to the ground and she slid into Sabrina. Grabbing hold of her niece's hand, she passed the athame to her while she blocked Lucifer's view of her and hissed, "Pry your locks."

"That insufferable cretin. She's always been jealous of me, claiming I stole Lilith from her." Lucifer's hooves clomped noisily as he paced across from the witches. "She will use the child as bait, wanting to kill her in front of Lilith's eyes. Well, won't she be surprised to get a visit from me?" With a snort, Lucifer turned his beady black eyes to Zelda and she stiffened, reaching behind her to still Sabrina. "Where is she, witch?!"

Shaking her head, Zelda put her hands in front of her in surrender, "I don't know, Lucifer. She stole the babe right from the altar and flew into the skies. I was hoping Lilith would have an idea of where she took the baby."

"Ahh...well, I do. I'll deal with you when I return." With a lazy wave of his gnarled hand, Zelda found herself collared to the foot of the throne alongside Sabrina. She feigned surprise, her hands flying to her neck, but in fact she was surprised he hadn't murdered her on sight. Clearly, he had more nefarious plans for her.

Once she was certain he was gone, Zelda spun around to face Sabrina; "Did you pick the lock?"

Triumphant, Sabrina lifted her wrists and her shackles fell to the ground. Wincing at the pain from her whip-marks, she moved slowly and began to pick at Zelda's lock, both witches muttering incantations that would quicken the process. Both free, Zelda conjured a cloak for Sabrina and pulled her into a motherly embrace; "Are you okay?"

Sabrina rested her head on her aunt's shoulder with a sigh of relief. "Yes Auntie, Lucifer wanted to use torturing me as punishment for you. You walked right into his plan. Luckily, his daughter is the perfect distraction. So Abyzou got away with Daeianeria, then?"