Chapter Three

None of this made any sense. I was sure I was being fucked with and lied to. It just couldn't possibly be!
"The Devil?!" I had asked, my eyes wide.
"You don't have to believe me." He rolled his eyes, annoyed. "I'm just being nice for once and explaining it to you. Don't get use to it. But you're the one who wanted answers."
"Being nice?!" I scoffed. "Youre the one who dragged me here against my will and you think giving me an explanation is being nice?!" I raised my voice, suddenly having my head whip to the side and my cheek burning. He had hit me.
"Who the hell do you think you are raising your voice at me?!" He stood, towering over me, his eyes now black.
I was naturally submissive and so there was a small part of me that wanted to submit to him, obey him. He had that dominance about him, I couldn't deny but... My whole being was consumed by anger towards him and I wanted nothing more than to punch him in the dick and spit in his face. I wanted to see him get fucked up. "Answer me!" He demanded.
"Im sorry." I spoke quietly, my mouth betraying my feelings. I wasnt sorry, not one bit.
"You're sorry sir." He spoke, grabbing me by the throat. "You will obey me, I own you. Got that?" I nodded my head weakly. On the outside im sure he thought I was starting to give in but on the inside I was plotting the hell I was gonna give him.
Maybe just maybe if he thought he had me- if he thought I was submitted to him he would ease up and then I would find my way out of here.
I surely didnt have anything to lose. Right?
"I'm sorry sir." I apoligized, trying to forget for the moment that I hated this man with my whole being. I needed to convince him. I needed to get him wrapped around my finger.
"Good girl." His eyes lightened up as he sat back down.
"So then where are we?" I asked.
"Dont worry- we're not in hell." He laughed. "But I cant tell you where we are. We wouldn't want you getting ideas, now would we?"
"Sorry... Im just curious."
"Curiousity will kill you kitten." Im sure his play on 'curiousity killed the cat.' Very funny. "Now, we have a dinner tonight. Devin will be coming by to help you get ready soon. I should probably go." He spoke. I nodded my head, wanting him to go. "I'll see you later." He got up and left the room, shutting the door behind him.
He expected me to believe that I was now Satan's slave? Sure this dude was evil and sadistic but expecting me to believe that he was the Devil himself was laughable.
I had a little time to think to myself before this Devin was due to show up. And that left me to come up with a plan.
I had a couple decent options. I could one; befriend Josh and using him to escape this place. Or I could obey 'Satan', have him fooled into thinking I had given myself to him thus earning his trust and using that to high tail my way out of here.
For now all I had to do was be friendly with Josh and obey the taller man while I figured out which route to take. I prayed that it didn't get me into anything aweful.
When Devin came around Josh ended up slipping in with him. Devin was quiet, but intimidating and I didnt say much to him as he put makeup on my face and left a dress on the bed for me to put on. He dissapeared but Josh remained.
"He expects me to believe all this demons and Satan stuff?" I asked quietly, laughing a little.
"No. He doesnt expect you to believe anything.. Its a lot to take in, and we get that. He was only telling you the truth." He seemed serious and I swallowed hard. This all couldn't be true. This was a cruel joke, it had to be. "I'm sorry you got dragged into all of this Noel.."
"Wait.. How do you know my name?" I asked quietly, shocked. I hadn't told anyone here what my name was. I wasnt even sure that the taller man knew my name.
"I-" he struggled to find words before seemingly giving up.
"Josh." I warned.
"Chris had been having people keep an eye on you and report back to him.. Ive heard your name come up quite a few times lately." He admitted. So the mans name was Chris, huh?.. Wait! People had been watching me?! That bastard knew where to find me! He was sick, he was so fucking twisted.
Despite my disgust, I remained focused on Josh. He seemed like he was with holding something and struggling to keep it in.
"What is it?" I asked, softly despite how mad I felt. I was pissed... But I was pissed at the other man. Not Josh.
"Nothing No... I mean Noel, sorry I-"
The door opened and the tall man walked in. "Are you ready?" He had spoke the moment he walked in, before glancing between Josh and I.
"What did I tell you Josh?.. And why arent you ready?" He turned to me. I only had to put the dress on and I would be good to go. But I didn't even want to.
Don't forget the plan. I had to remind myself. I quickly got up, taking the dress with me to the bathroom and changing into it. When I was ready the man took my hand in his and led me out of the room, Josh following behind us.
"Dont get any Ideas, got it? Or it'll be the last thing you do." Chris growled lowly at me as he led me through the halls of the house. I tried my hardest to take everything in, this had been the first time I had been out of my room. Everything in the house was shades of red and black with the occasionally bit of white or grey. Fitting. As we made our way downstairs I could hear a bunch of voices talking, and it made me nervous. I was terrified and I had no clue who or what to expect.
"Chris, she doesn't like people." Josh spoke from behind us, putting his hand on Chris's shoulder. How did he know that? Had he been spying on me too at some point?
"She'll be fine. If they do so much as make her uncomfortable I'll kill them." He growled, sounding menacing. As we walked into the dinning room I was in awe. The huge black chandelier that hung from the center of the room, the huge black table with the red velvet chairs... It looked like a gothic palace. But that quickly faded as I noticed everyone staring at me.
"What are you all looking at like that?!" Chris snapped, making them all look away from us. I clung to his arm, feeling a bit of comfort from him. He pulled out a chair at the table for me and took the head of the table as I sat down, Josh sitting across from me. I kept my eyes mostly on him, feeling the most comfortable with him out of everyone else and I was trying to forget that there were eight other people around me who I didn't know.
"So this is the little princess, huh?" A guy spoke, a hint of seductiveness to his voice which made me feel sick.
"My princess." Chris corrected. "You put one finger on this girl and you wont have any fingers left after that." He growled, an angry look on his face that made me believe that he was telling the truth. Maybe he was Satan after all.
He had servants.. Or whatever you want to call them bringing us plates of food to the table.
After enduring a long painful dinner everyone was finally finished and people started to leave the table.
"So you're not gonna eat?" Chris asked, noticing I had only taken a few bites.
"I'm not re-" I had started.
"You haven't eaten in a week and we went though all this effort-" He started to get furious.
"She doesnt know any of these people Christopher, she's not gonna eat infront of them." Josh explained. The three of us had remained at the table untill everyone else had gotten up and left the room.
"Make sure she eats." Chris spoke, before getting up himself. "And don't let her out of your site." He dissapeared before Josh sighed.
"So you spied on me too?!" I accused him.
"No, Noel. I never did."
"Then how do you know all these things about me?!"
"I- I can't tell you. You wouldn't understand, you wouldn't believe me." He sighed.
"Try me! Ive heard alot, whats one more thing today?"
"I... You're not gonna believe me, and that's okay but I'm only a demon now because I failed at my job when I was an angel..
You remember that time you got in that car crash with your mom? I was suppose to be watching over you, making sure that you were safe and unharmed and I failed you that night, Noey. I wasn't there, I wasnt doing my job and you got hurt. All because I let myself get distracted."
I couldn't speak. I couldnt move. I could only sit there with my jaw on the floor as I stared at him. How did he know that? And wait, what did he call me?!? Only my mama ever called me that!
"I know, it's a lot to take in.. Like I said you don't have to believe me but.. I know you. I know everything about you.. I might've failed then but I won't let you get hurt here. Theres nothing but danger in this place and these people are.. Not good. Some have good intentions but.. It doesnt matter. What matters is I'm not gonna make that mistake again."
The room went silent again as I couldn't bring myself to speak. I mean, what was I even suppose to say?
"Just eat.. It's only you and I now. Please."
I finished my plate in no time and afterwards he took me back upstairs. I quickly changed back into my t-shirt and shorts Josh had given me, wanting out of the dress.
"I think Chris means well... Hes just going about this in a wrong way." Josh spoke as I sat on the bed.
"You dont have to tell me that, I already know." I scoffed. "Who even thinks kidnapping someone is an okay thing to do?!"
"He's Satan.. He doesn't care whats right or wrong. He just knows what he wants and he gets it."
Call me crazy but.. I was starting to believe all this. But I still wanted out, and nothing was changing that.