Chapter 2

Damian throws himself to his bed as soon as he gets changed. He stared at the ceiling, but still nothing on his mind but Jon's sister. He put his hands on his face. He asked himself. What's happening to me? Am I getting insane? He reached for his phone and texted Jon.

'Don't be late!'

When Damian arrived at school he walked to the bus stop to wait for his friend. Minutes later a bus came and Jon came out of it. But he wasn't alone, this time he's with his sister. Damian just stands there with a blank expression while looking at the girl, but she didn't even bother to look at him. "Come on Dami! We don't want to be late for class." Jon said as he walked ahead of the two. Rachel and Damian just followed Jon with a look. Damian faced Rachel when she noticed this she immediately walked away from him as if she's avoiding him. And that made Damian raise his eyebrow. He rolled his eyes and began to walk towards the dark-purple haired girl. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked with full confidence, trying to let out his normal self. Rachel paused and faced him. "I'm going to class. I don't want to be late for class." She dryly answered and continued to walk away from him. He was left there dumbfounded. He locked his eyes on her, following her until she's out of sight. Still wondering what's with her. Every time she speaks it's like a spell that makes him shut up. He just shrugged and walked to his first class.

While in the middle of the class the robin is seating beside the window. Looking outside while he taps his pen on his notebook and his back rested on the chair. He can't concentrate in class, frustration on himself is taking over him. This made him unconsciously tap his pen faster and harder on his notebook that catches the attention of the teacher. "Mr. Wayne." Said the middle-aged teacher with a serious voice. Damian immediately came back to his senses and noticed that all of them is staring at him. He looks at his teacher as she gestures him to stand up. "Where do most earthquakes occur?" Damian stands up straight as he answered. "Most earthquakes occur along the edge of the oceanic and continental plates." He answered with full confidence. The teacher nodded at him as a sign for him to sit down. Minutes later when they were about to be dismissed when their teacher announced their project. "Listen up everyone. You will be working on this project by pair. And I will be the one to assign you to your partner. Here's the list." She said as she lifts a paper and began announcing the pairs. Seconds pass when Damian heard his name from the list. "And last but not least, Damian Wayne and Rachel Kent." Hearing who his partner is made him roam his eyes around the room. Then he saw who he's looking for. Last row beside the window. How could he not notice her? He questioned himself.

After all his classes he immediately approaches his friend. "Jon where's your sister?" Hearing this made Jon gave him a suspicious look. But Damian just raised an eyebrow at him. "She's my partner." He simply said. Jon shrugged. "I don't usually know where she is during this time. Sometimes we go home together, and sometimes she comes home late." He said as he wears his bag on his shoulders. "You'll find her. I'll go ahead. I'm going to meet my partner in the library." Jon said as he waved his hand and walk away.

He wondered the campus. Hoping to find his partner before she leaves. When he gets pass by a stair he came across a group of girls and boys laughing loud. He just stared at them and continued to walk. Then finally he saw what he's been looking for. But again he found her picking up her things that are shattered all around the floor. He immediately walks towards her to help. When Rachel saw Damian's hand she was startled that made him confused. When Rachel realizes who it is she let out a sigh as a sign of relief. "Thanks." She simply said as Damian handed her books. "I'm here for the project." Damian paused when he noticed something about Rachel's arm. He grabbed her arm and looked at it closely, it has two cuts. Rachel immediately pulls her arm away from him. Cover it with her sleeves. "Why?" He asked her. "It's none of your business." She said and attempted to walk away. But Damian didn't let her, he walks ahead of her and stands in front of her as a barrier. He sighed and calm himself. "Come with me." He said as he walks up the stairs. Rachel just stands there staring at him. When Damian noticed this he rolled his eyes and face her. "It's either you come with me or I'll tell Jon and your parents what you've been doing." This caught Rachel's full attention. She began to walk towards him. "You wouldn't dare." She said in a serious voice. "You don't know me," Damian answered as he leans closer to her. Rachel just rolled her eyes and began to climb the stairs.

When they reached the rooftop Damian immediately stand near the edge. When Rachel stands beside him he began to speak. "Talk." He commanded her. Rachel sighed. "And who are you-" "Just talk." He cuts her. Somehow he felt proud of himself for being able to speak normally around her. Rachel lowered her head as a sign for defeat and began to speak. "I know that you came across those groups of girls and boys right? They know my secret. They know what I am, they know who I am. They know the real me. They made me their slave. To follow their commands, cause if I don't? They'll expose my secret. And everyone will hate me... Again." She lifts her sleeves. "I've been trying to slowly kill myself. Hoping that all of this would end sooner or later. And maybe my death will be the answer for Trigon to never come back to this earth." She said with sadness visible on her violet-blue eyes. Damian holds her arms and gently rubbed his finger on her scars. "Don't" He said. "Don't let them abuse you. Don't let them use your own powers against you. I know that you're more than a girl who can make me shut. Just think about what people who loved you would feel if you're gone?" He said. This made Rachel cry and hug Damian unconsciously. Damian didn't know what to do since he's not really a hugger. Instead, he just gently put his hand on Rachel's hair and slowly brushes it with his fingers. Minutes pass when Rachel breaks the hug. "Feeling any better?" He asked her and she nodded in response. "I'm not going to tell Jon about this, for now. But if you continue to hurt yourself I won't hesitate." He said, once again she just nodded. "If you need any help. You can approach me." He said as he unconsciously put his hand on her cheeks. When he realized this he immediately removed his hand and say, "Sorry." Rachel giggled. "It's okay." When Damian looked at his wristwatch and see what time it is he immediately looks at the school gate and sees Dick's car. "Oh no, I missed the bus." Rachel said when she realized the time. Damian raised an eyebrow at her. "You don't know how to commute, don't you?" He asked her and she just shrugged in response. Damian grabbed some of her things and started to walk ahead of her. "Come, we'll just drop you by your house." He said as he opens the door for her. Rachel gave him a sweet smile and walked towards him. "Thanks."