Chapter 1

Damian's waiting impatiently in front of the bus stop. He takes a look at his wristwatch and got even more irritated when he sees that his best friend is fifteen minutes late. He puts his hands inside his pockets while tapping his right foot. Seconds later when a bus stops and his best friend came out of it.

"Hey there Da--"

"You're late," Damian said in a serious tone while glaring at him. Jon immediately raised both of his hands up as if he's surrendering. "I missed the first bus okay?" Jon explained as they started to walk to school. "You have super speed," Damian said with an irritated voice. "I woke up late," Jon said in defense.

When they reached the lockers they immediately get their books and go to their rooms. But when they get passed by the dark side of the locker hall Damian noticed a girl who is picking up her books from the floor. "Rachel?" Jon said as he walks towards the girl with dark-purple hair and helps her pick up her things. "What happened?" Jon asked with a worried tone. "N-nothing." She said as she gets her things and heads to her room. Damian followed a look at the girl until she is out of sight. He looked at Jon. "I didn't know that you have a girlfriend." He said that made Jon's eyes widened and laugh. "She's not my girlfriend silly!" He said as he continued laughing. Damian looked at him with confusion. "Then... What was that?" He asked as he pointed the way, Rachel exits. Once again Jon laughed at him. "She's my sister. Well, not my blood sister. But my parents adopted her three weeks ago." Jon explained and started to walk ahead of him to their class.

After class Damian decided to go to the library to borrow some books for his homework. When he was roaming the library he saw Rachel at the dark corner of the library reading some books. Luckily the shelf where the book he's been finding is just in front of where she is. While he grabbed the books he needs he stares at the girl. When Rachel stands up with her books she walked straight to the counter and gets her borrowers slip. When she walked out of the library that's when Damian immediately walked to the counter and exits the library.

When he exits the library she is nowhere to be found. He sighed and continued to walk to the main entrance. "You've been following me, don't you?" He stopped walking when he heard a voice behind him. When he turned around he saw a girl with dark-purple hair with a blank expression. He just gave her the same face. He was about to talk but the girl cuts him. "Don't even think about defending yourself. I'm an empath, I can sense you following me." She paused. "And it was very unanticipated." She said as she turned around and walked away from him.

He was left standing there, speechless. When he came back to his senses he just walks to the main entrance with his hands in his pockets. When he saw Dick's car in front of his school he just opened the door and seat at the front seat. Which left Dick confused, usually Damian always seats at the driver's seat first so that he could drive. Dick just shrugged off it and started to drive. During the ride, Damian can't get his mind off Rachel. Her face, her hair, her voice. What he didn't understand is that why? Why is a girl like her kept on bugging his mind? And why can't he stand up for himself when it comes to her? All of this thought in his head makes him quiet, but too quiet for Dick. He cleared his throat before he speaks. "Rough day?" He simply asked which catches the robin's attention. He just shrugged as a response. Dick just sighed and gave the boy wonder some space. Still, it left Damian thinking. What is with that woman? Whatever it is... He'll find out.