~chapter 1~

*Twylas p.o.v.*

"Mommy, why can't I go up there?" I gestured up. My mother looked at me with her beautiful smile. "Oh, my darling Twyla. You cant go to the human world, your much too young. Why, you haven't even gotten your powers yet." She chuckled and stroked my wavy blonde hair. "Goodnight mommy, I love you..." I said yawning, right before I fell into a magnificent dream of me and my prince charming living happily ever after. "I love you too, u-we-tsi-a-ge-ya." She whispered. Ahh, the word daughter in Cherokee always made me feel so safe...so happy... It couldn't have been ten minutes since I had fallen asleep when I heard a scream that sounded exactly like my mothers. I threw my seaweed blanket to the side and swam towards the door. I hadn't gotten used to swimmimg on the lace and silk nightgown, my mother found me on the shores of a human beach, and my tail got tangled in the lace. I to the floor wrestling with the wretched thing. Stumbling, I untangled it as fast as my stubbu 5-year-old fingers would go. Finally, I freed myself from the silk and lace prison and threw it as far away from me as I could and swam back up. I snatched up my clam bra and slipped it on, praying to the sea gods above that nobody saw me change. Slipping past the stone faced guards, I swam towards the surface.

~~~~~~~~

*Nixies p.o.v.*

"Daddy! Daddy stop it, your hurting her!" I cried as my father began poking at the beautiful creature in our net. I've always hated fishing because I always belived there were mermaids out there. I guess I was right. "Shut your damn mouth, Nixie! This is none of your concern!" My horrible father said as he drunkenly pushed me overboard. I went flying and splashed in the water, hitting my head in the process.