Chapter 1

"Beauty! Are ya ready for the show?" Joker called standing outside my tent. I had just finished putting on my makeup.

"Yes, you can come in if you want." Joker pulled back the tent curtain and walked in silently trying not to disturb me. "Is there a big crowd tonight?" I asked while putting on mascara.

"We always have a big show Beauty. But there are a lot." Joker said while sitting on my bed. I turned to face him. Seeing his smile has always made me relax and feel safe. Luckily for me he's always smiling.

"To think that not that long ago we were on the streets worried about living.... Now we have an amazing family that's growing each show."

"It sure is amazing Beauty." He said standing up and putting his hands on my shoulder. "Well we best get going before anyone worries. The show tonight will be great.... And promise me you'll be careful Beauty.... You're all I have left." He said holding out his pinky. I smiled at his childish behavior. Sometimes I wonder if he really is older.

"Promise."

Time skip~

"Amazing as always Beauty!" Doll said clinging to me.

"Yeah.... Although I hope the gentleman in the tail coat is alright. Betty bites hard..." I said touching the hand that Betty accidentally nipped while I was feeding her.

"Yeah me too." Doll said. "Well I'm going to change, these circus clothes are a bit itchy. See you later Beauty." Doll said walking in the direction of the first stringer tents. I waved back with my prosthetic arm feeling a slight throb of pain. Then I went to my tent to change. (Their tents are on opposite sides of the first stringer tents)

"Ow... I guess I better go see Doctor." I mumbled holding my arm walking to Doctors tent. I was a few steps away when I heard shouts coming from inside. I opened the tents flap and took a step in only to have a knife nick my check. "Oww." I whispered in pain holding my hand up to my freshly cut check.

Beauty!!" I heard four voices shout.

"Are you okay?" Joker shouted running over and hugging me protectively.

"I'm so sorry Beauty! I didn't mean to I promised." Dagger wailed latching on to my side. I looked down and started to laugh. Everyone stared at me in shock and confusion.

"Nice aim. It stings a bit but it's just a nick I'll be fine."

"You're not mad?" Dagger sniffled.

"Of course not I just walked in at the wrong time."

"I apologize my lady I should have caught that knife." Said a man in a tailcoat... HE WAS THE MAN THAT GOT BIT BY BETTY!!

"Oh it's fine. I should be asking if you are alright sir. Betty can bite hard."

"I'm perfectly fine. thank you for asking my lady." He said while bowing. So proper.

"Well I was actually coming to see you Doc. My arms been hurting. Again..."

"Sure thing Beauty. How about you come to back with me to get that cut cleaned too."

"Alright." It took Doc around 20 minutes to patch me up and fix my arm. By time I got out everyone had left except Joker.

"Are you feeling better?" Joker asked concerned.

"I'm fine. What happened while I was gone?" I asked as we started walking to my tent.

"I think we might get two new members tomorrow."

"Really?!" I said happy to meet new people

Don't get too happy they have to pass the test."

"Right" I said stepping into my tent. and climbing into bed. "Joker...?"

"Yes Beauty?"

"Can you sing to me?"

"Anything for you." And with that he started singing lulling me to sleep.

Tom, he was a piper's son,

He learnt to play when he was young,

And all the tune that he could play

Was 'over the hills and far away';

Over the hills and a great way off,

The wind shall blow my top-knot off...."

He smiled seeing that I had fallen into a deep sleep and kissed my head lightly.

"Good night Beauty~"

A.N~ Yep so that's it. The picture on the side is Beauty's dress. Imagine the brown is purple.