【20】

𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕕𝕤

The past couple of days have been hard

The past couple of days have been hard..without Spar being here i kind of just isolated myself from everybody. My emotions were all over the place sometimes i'd be fine and the next i'd be crying hysterically and then it'd turn to anger and it'd become a horrible cycle. I was in a dark place all alone that i couldn't seem to get out of no matter how high i climbed, shouted or ran i was alone, trapped in the dark. Some people may even dare say depression.

I was like a cyborg...being in autopilot, i'd go about my usual routine, eat, sleep and then start all over again. Mr. Mee was starting to notice my suffering and thought i could use some 1-1 social interaction. The best way to do that without me exploding on somebody was to put me with a soft spoken person that didn't have a care in the world, the world was full of butterflies and rainbow's in their eyes. The eye's of an innocent being.

The being that is Rosie Mee.

So this is where i currently am, sat on the Mee's porch with Mini Mee, holding open a black and white colouring book and a box of crayons between the two of us.

The blue crayon glided across the wing of the black and white bird, bringing it to life. Humming a tune as i used my finger to blend.

"What's that song you're humming?" Rosie asked as she scribbled with her magenta crayon for the skirt of her princess dress.

"It's called Blue Skies by Perry Como...it's a very old song, i think it came out in the 1950's" i pursed my lips in concentration "I can sing it for you if you'd like, but be warned im not the best singer" i giggled nervously tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as the wind blew it into my face.

"I'd like that" she cheered

"Blue skies, smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Blue birds singin' a song
Nothin' but blue birds all day long!Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticin' the days hurryin' by
When you're in love, my, my how they fly!Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on!"

By the time i'd finished the song my blue bird was complete. I hummed in appreciation and held the book towards the sun for better lighting.

"You have a nice voice, my Mom used to sing to Dylan and i sometimes. We really miss her y'know" Rosie looked down with a frown on her face holding the tears in.

Putting my book down at my side i slid the book off of hers and sat her on my lap. Moving my arms around her tiny frame she laid her head on my shoulder as she sniffled. I comforted her the best i could by rubbing her back and whispering soothing words, i wasn't an expert but we shared one thing in common. Loss of a parent.

"I miss my Mom..and my Dad too. But over time it'll get better you just have to live everyday to the fullest, be the best person you can be and focus on the people that are here to help you. If you need anyone to talk to you've got a lot of people here, myself, your Dad, Dylan,Kelly, Lily, Robin. Although i wouldn't talk to MacCready..he's a little extravagant and doesn't do too well with his own emotions" I giggled to which Rosie did too as she wiped her snot filled nose onto her shirt along with her dried up tears.

"Don't be afraid to cry Rosie, it shows how much you care for that person and even the strongest of people cry. So i promise if you ever feel like this again you can come to me anytime or anyplace that being if im working, on duty or at home wearing my pyjamas and unicorn slippers my house is always welcome for you"

She nodded and hugs me around my neck in a tight grip afraid that i was going to go somewhere. "Thank you Evelyn you're the best" she got off of my lap and collected the books, handing me a piece of paper before carrying it all back inside all by herself without accepting my help.

She stopped at the door before she entered the house , the shimmer of her sparkly galoshes reflecting off of the big ball of gas in the sky. She turned to me and showed her gummy smile "I can see why Dylan likes you so much".

**********************************************

It was the day before the inspection and everyone was busy doing last minute preparations before Walter Ferris makes his judgement

It was the day before the inspection and everyone was busy doing last minute preparations before Walter Ferris makes his judgement. The sun was starting to set as i locked up the jaguar, Lily went home early as she didn't feel very well but told me to keep the display lights on and to close everything else down for her in the morning so that is what i did. I also promised her that tonight i'd check on her to see if she was doing any better and if she needed anything,as at my house there's a whole cabinet full of medical supplies as i'm probably the most clumsiest person on the planet and i am my own worst threat..

My name was suddenly called in the distance, that voice belonged to none other than Miss. Rosie Mee. She ran so fast she was tripping over her own feet, i caught her as she stumbled towards me.

"Woah there Speedy, what's got you so in a rush huh?" i laughed crouching down so i was level to her height.

"The eggs are hatching, the eggs are hatching! Come on you have to come see!!" She jumped around like she had consumed a whole bag of sugar.

"Okay, okay. Be careful,i don't want you to get sick or feeling dizzy with all the jumping"

"I wont! But come see!" She grabbed my hand forcing me to my feet before she turned and sprinted almost pulling my arm off in the process for a girl her age she had the strength of a wrestler.

"Rosie steady, you're going to fall. We've got time!"

Rosie however didn't hear a word, too busy in her own world of happiness and it was slowly rubbing off on me. I could see a light at the end, Rosie was my ladder, my rope, my light.

My Saving Grace