FIVE YEARS AFTER HAILEY'S DEATH

Mason's P.O.V

Five years later

I'm visiting Hailey's grave today. It hasn't been easy without Hailey by my side but I've been coping. I still haven't made real friends in college 'cause opening my heart again is really difficult. I find myself out of habit comparing everyone to Hailey and everyone keeps falling short.

As I reached the grave stone, I saw fresh flowers. Probably the rest of the squad already visited. Everyone knows I like going alone to visit Hailey's grave stone.

"Hey Hailey," I talk like she's sitting right beside me, "It's been five years, sixty-six days, twelve hours and eleven minutes now since you've been gone, yet your death still feels like it happened yesterday. You promised me that it'll hurt less but honestly time refuses to heal the wound your death caused. I still haven't met anyone I've zinged with like you. I still find myself comparing you to other people and no one comes close to your scale. You set the bar really high Hails. While you'll hate that I haven't truly moved on like we talked about, I just can't help it. We were too attached to move on.

Everyone writes a handbook for people facing life-threatening diseases but no one writes one for the people they leave behind on how to deal with the pain.
Only you could make me really laugh, you were the only one that could really cover my back, or truly put me in my place. Honestly, I could list a million things you do for me and many will still fall short.

You're irreplaceable Hailey. No one can ever fit your shoes. It hurts Hailey. It truly hurts me everyday to imagine being in a world without you in it.
But I have taken consolation in Christ and hope to see you again.

I'm wrote a book about our friendship and it's titled 'The Balcony Friendship.' Everyone who's read the book already have you as a favorite. You hear that? They all love bossy you. Our story is a hit and will soon be made into a movie by 'Sony pictures.' Crazy right?
I decided to give them your album so that they can show our pictures after the end of the movie.
I did what you asked of me. To give the money for trips for people facing life threatening diseases. Miranda, one of the person to reap from your generosity just sent me pictures of her skiing. You're still touching lives even in death.

You'll always be in my heart.
Goodbye Hails.
As I walked out of the grave yard, I hoped that someday, just someday, the huge void that Hailey's death left in my heart will be filled even by just a quarter.

They say some people are irreplaceable no matter how far and wide you search.
Hailey Avery Harper is one of those people. She was truly a Hail.

                          THE END

A/N- If you'll like an alternative ending, read the next chapter.